Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,413 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Who runs an Area P system on their 06/07 10R? I have an 07 with a set of Akra bolt ons, and im thinking on ditching the twin cans and going with a high mount single type. I really like the looks of the Area P. Those with an Area P and also custom map what kind of #'s did you get? Did you switch from stock or another brand when you went to A/P? My mods are simple now..Akro bolt ons, K&N filter, pc3 w/custom map..(tuned in Fla at 158hp/87ft lbs) Im going to have another map done for where I live (bike came from Fla) no matter what, but would like to change exhaust before (if i change...)

·
MIA Post Whore
8,727 Posts
I have one on my 07 and have been very happy with it. No idea on numbers after install, never dyno'd. I felt it was a bit lean so added a PC (I have the 2.5" core). The downloaded map was very rich in the low end and mid range so I just leaned it out until I was happy with the feel.

Kerry's customer service is outstanding.

·
Registered
239 Posts
The AreaP added 10 hp and 4ftlb of torque to my bike. That was after I had it custom mapped with a PCIII and BMC Race filter...
snipes285

·
Registered
67 Posts
:thumbsup: I have an 06 with an area p half system and k&n. Before the area p I had a stock system. I haven't dyno'd it yet and no pc3 yet. I love this system! it sounds and looks great. It removes the cat too! According to kerry at area p you gain 5hp with no mapping. And drop 10 lbs. I paid 550.00 for mine with the extreme series 12" carbon fiber muffler, and 2.50" core. So the price is reasonable. the butt dyno feels pretty good too! All in all great product. I can't wait to get a pc3 and get it custom mapped! Get it you will love it. I'm also using the servobuddy. (sorry no sound clips my camcorder is busted and no funds for a new one sorry:headshake)

1 - 5 of 5 Posts