Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 20 of 79 Posts

·
FEELING LUCKY, PUNK ?
5,738 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
from the http://www.bikerfriend.org/ website.

Five easy steps to show you're "Biker Friendly"

Slap a sticker on your cage.
(Remember that the sticker is free, and shipped free)

Keep an eye out for motorcyclists who are out enjoying the great roads. Even though you're probably wishing you could join them instead of sitting behind the wheel of that four wheeled monstrosity.

When in stop and go traffic or when stopped at a light, leave a little extra room. Riders who see the "Biker Friendly" sticker will be able to quickly identify that there is a fellow biker ahead.

If possible, lend a hand. If you see a fellow biker in trouble, pull over and offer your assistance. I understand that with our busy schedules, we don't always have the time to stop and help. But if you have a few minutes, sometimes that is all the time a stranded rider needs.

Most importantly, you must agree to extend this option to all those that ride. You must not show prejudice against those who may not meet your idea of the way a biker should be. You must promise to follow these steps even though some bikers will ride fast, slow, or while wearing inadequate gear. After all, most of us are not angels, and I'm sure we all have done something at least once in our lifetime that someone else may consider to be irresponsible or even stupid.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Bringing Awareness

Although my initial intent with these stickers was to allow riders and drivers to better communicate with each other, even if one of them happens to be driving, I hope that the stickers may also help bring awareness to the non-motorcycle community as well.

When people ask you as to what that "Biker Friendly" sticker means, you'll have the opportunity to enlighten them to the fact that motorcyclists are people too. Who knows, maybe we can make a difference, one driver at a time.

---------------------
After you're done, post your biker friendly pics here!

·
Still here
9,059 Posts
Back of my van, though I ride waayy more than I drive.

·
Registered
708 Posts
mines on the way and remember people if you can help them out with a few$:thumbsup: i'm ordering a case as mardi gras is comeing up

·
Registered
1,893 Posts
Just ordered me 2 of them.

·
Registered
489 Posts
i don't know...i can tell pretty quickly who is biker friendly from the way they react when i'm approaching. Now, if i see one of those stickers and assume that he is a friendly, but the driver did not see me, what then?

·
Yankee Racer
14,838 Posts
volo said:
i don't know...i can tell pretty quickly who is biker friendly from the way they react when i'm approaching. Now, if i see one of those stickers and assume that he is a friendly, but the driver did not see me, what then?
is the glass always half empty with you? just a question:dontknow:

·
Registered
1,113 Posts
I ordered mine and donated $5 for the cause.

·
FEELING LUCKY, PUNK ?
5,738 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
volo said:
it aint acutally about whose biker friendly or not.. wether they reacted right or not.. AWARENESS is one of the biggest thing that could save our ass...

When u do get them in ur mail, u wont just get just the stickers, but also what to look for to be become biker friendly..

I actually got one in my car... one in my truck...
Then I ordered one for my MOM, DAD, 3 Brothers, WIFE, 2 Cousins and about 4 Fellow riders.. so thats actually 13 more people who would know what to look for and how to react when they see us..

PLUS, if you're in a traffic.. the car behind you would see the "Biker Friendly" sticker.. and then the website.. and then they would order them, and tell their friends..

It works for me.. I beleive if more people are aware that we MOTORCYCLISTS use the road with them.. i think I would feel safer, even if its just a tad bit, I'd take it.

1 - 20 of 79 Posts