Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I'm about to take a 600-700 mile journey from Northern Vermont to NYC and back up and around through Mass, New Hampshire and possibly Maine. But being a young lad of just 19 who doesn't have 40 years of road knowledge, I'll be needing my phone GPS. Problem is that I know RAM and Quadlock won't fit the fork stem as the dampener is plastered right over the stem hole. Is there any quality mounting system that'll do the job?

Thanks in advance lads

·
Registered
2011 ZX-10R. Black bikes matter!
67 Posts
Most g4 guys use phone mounts that clamp the fork tube, either on the portion of the tube protruding above the upper clamp, or lower on the fork as in Older Guy's photos.

Something along the lines of this: Kawasaki ZX-10 Cell Phone Mount - RadarBusters.com

Any mount made for 50mm diameter forks will work.

If you aren't planning on using a tank bag, they also make mounts that attach to the fuel tank lid.

On my gen 4 with a GPR damper, I use an older pelican phone mount attached to the stock damper mounting point on the upper tree by means of an aluminum plate. I couldn't find a mount that would hold my phone securely enough and I needed to mount the AFR gauge anyways.

Attachments

·
Registered
11 Posts
So I'm about to take a 600-700 mile journey from Northern Vermont to NYC and back up and around through Mass, New Hampshire and possibly Maine. But being a young lad of just 19 who doesn't have 40 years of road knowledge, I'll be needing my phone GPS. Problem is that I know RAM and Quadlock won't fit the fork stem as the dampener is plastered right over the stem hole. Is there any quality mounting system that'll do the job?

Thanks in advance lads

Yes man! I have a gen4 too and this was a pain in the ass to figure out but I got a tech mount fork tube mount and love it. Super sturdy and works awesome. Love the placement too. Works with the stock damper and I even put on a GPR damper and with my 12 pro max (big phone) and it works perfectly!

·
Registered
33 Posts
I use the Techmount system that mounts to the fork tube, and I got their universal phone mount that connects to that. It works geat and is secure.
20210604_154418.jpg

20210604_154429.jpg

·
Registered
98 Posts
Ram ball mount on the left clip on bolt with the short double ball clamp and a quad lock ball mount. Fits iPhone 12pro perfectly. I’ll get a picture

1 - 7 of 7 Posts