Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
176 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just got an 04' ZX-10 and I'm wondering what all I can do to beef it up a little. I have a carbon Yoshi Tri-oval slip on and that's it so far. I've heard that if you're not racing then the PC III isn't worth getting. What are you guys thoughts on adding a PCIII USB, K&N filter, and -1 tooth on the front. If I get the PCIII, I'll get a custom map done here at one of the shops.

·
Registered
1,523 Posts
The difference is there and worth the 3 bills it costs. The bike will run smoother, cooler, and you'll gain a little HP on the top end. The more mods you make, the bigger the difference. I slapped on a set of bolt on Yoshi's on the busa, bike popped a little, ran just a little rough.. added PCIII and it smoothened out and elimiated most of the pops. Bolted on a complete Akra Evo 2 on the ZX10 and I won't say it ran like crap without the PCIII but the stock computer couldn't deliver the fuel the bike wanted above 9k and ran just a little rough everyware. With the PCIII added, OMG what a difference. The bike runs smooth, super strong and I think the PCIII removed 5 lbs from my front tire.

·
Registered
2,261 Posts
Yea, I'd say so . The best out so far and I can't complain about mine. It would be nice to be able to switch maps easier but I can't bitch too much.

·
Registered
1,523 Posts
Hmm that would be a cool feature.. have the ability to load 4 maps then a select switch to choose which one to run.. hmmmmm

·
MIA Post Whore
8,727 Posts
If you don't have it, you won't miss it. If'n ya got one (with a good map), you'll swear by 'em. It boils down too wether you're happy with the performance as is. The trip down modification bld is long an expensive. Be warned!

·
Registered
1,177 Posts
my experience is that i put an arata full pipe on and the bike ran good with the stock map...then i loaded the dan kyle arata map(free, pseudo-generic, DK did development for arata) and the power characteristics were completely different ... the idle suffered(rougher) and the bike would come on a full 2 thousand rpms later, but WHOA!!! tank in the chest at 7 grand...BIG difference...i have threatened to get it dyno tuned, but damn, no need so far...sooooo IMO a pcIII is worth the investment...

·
Registered
144 Posts
Funny you would ask...I just put one on this bike. Mostly because with an aftermark pipe, and because the bike is already lean for emissions, I was concerned about being too lean and causing damage.
I have an old computer I put in my garage and so have been swapping maps and going for a ride and then trying another...
I am still unclear on the maps designated "european model" and have not used on of those on my bike
As far as power...in the low RPM range (b4 4000) on the maps I have tried it has been more rough...but higher up...well :lol: :lol:

So to answer your question...especially if you put a K&N or BMC I would get one...look around...I bought mine from a fellow site member used....

·
Registered
158 Posts
JBJ said:
Funny you would ask...I just put one on this bike. Mostly because with an aftermark pipe, and because the bike is already lean for emissions, I was concerned about being too lean and causing damage.
I have an old computer I put in my garage and so have been swapping maps and going for a ride and then trying another...
I am still unclear on the maps designated "european model" and have not used on of those on my bike
As far as power...in the low RPM range (b4 4000) on the maps I have tried it has been more rough...but higher up...well :lol: :lol:

So to answer your question...especially if you put a K&N or BMC I would get one...look around...I bought mine from a fellow site member used....

How are you selecting to run more or less fuel at each given rmp point? Are you using a wideband?

·
Registered
144 Posts
snoopnoon said:
How are you selecting to run more or less fuel at each given rmp point? Are you using a wideband?
I am just using different pre-made maps available form this forum and the Pwrcmdr wed site

1 - 11 of 11 Posts