Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
REPOST Enforcement Mod
13,614 Posts
No.

The jeans provide some protection, but they are not as protective as leather. They are looser and will ride-up in a slide and tear much easier. They are not as thick and typically don't have any padding/impact protection. They are better than normal jeans and shorts of course, and do well for everyday riding. But don't wear them under the illusion that you're actually protected. Leather is the best.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
No.

The jeans provide some protection, but they are not as protective as leather. They are looser and will ride-up in a slide and tear much easier. They are not as thick and typically don't have any padding/impact protection. They are better than normal jeans and shorts of course, and do well for everyday riding. But don't wear them under the illusion that you're actually protected. Leather is the best.
maybe you are right but as per my research and other people's opinion, the Kevlar line jeans is best because it's protecting you when you are riding a bike and it's also reinforcement and you can easily move anywhere.

·
Registered
1,608 Posts
If you already had an answer to your own question why even post it?

SD gave you an informative and well reasoned answer. Kevlar Jeans are no match for the protection leather offers.

·
Registered
617 Posts
I did some research prior to buying armored/lined jeans and I currently have 2 pairs. I'm pretty happy with my Resurgence brand jeans. Not all lined jeans are the same since some have more liner coverage and armor than others. If you dig around on YouTube you can see Kevlar in action as some people review the abrasion resistance by testing various materials. In all cases that I saw leather outperformed Kevlar.

My take on them is that they're best suited for daily wear when leather is simply too impractical but I definitely feel a lot safer in my leathers.

·
REPOST Enforcement Mod
13,614 Posts
maybe you are right but as per my research and other people's opinion, the Kevlar line jeans is best because it's protecting you when you are riding a bike and it's also reinforcement and you can easily move anywhere.
I would question your "research" and what people you talked to in regards to that. It sounds like you talked to a marketing guy trying to sell you some jeans. Or maybe you talked to a PETA member who is trying to save all the cows. Maybe it was even a fashion designer who doesn't like the like of leather in the Starbucks. Who knows. Either way, I'd say they were wrong and my initial response still stands.

Riding jeans have their place. Protecting you while on the bike is fine, it's when you get off the bike is the problem and that's different. They are comfy, look good, offer some environmental protection and some low-speed crash protection. In comparison to full-length leather pants and jackets, the reinforced armor panels, double stitched seams, knee pucks, tighter zippered closures, and abrasive characteristics of leather will win over loosely fitting, baggy kevlar panel inlays with blue/black denim jeans. But hey, you do you since you got the opinions of others.

·
REPOST Enforcement Mod
13,614 Posts
please reply properly you means to say Kevlar jeans is best?
No.

He was answering your original question "Can Kevlar jeans protect you as well as leather riding pants can?"

The simple answer is No. That's all he put for that - a definitive "No" which is all he put.

·
Registered
1,883 Posts
Kangaroo is even better!!! Leather will always out perform Kevlar Jeans. Fit is the most important though. Kevlar jeans are still better than regular denim.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
If you already had an answer to your own question why even post it?

SD gave you an informative and well reasoned answer. Kevlar Jeans are no match for the protection leather offers.
yes you are right i agree your statement. thanks

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I did some research prior to buying armored/lined jeans and I currently have 2 pairs. I'm pretty happy with my Resurgence brand jeans. Not all lined jeans are the same since some have more liner coverage and armor than others. If you dig around on YouTube you can see Kevlar in action as some people review the abrasion resistance by testing various materials. In all cases that I saw leather outperformed Kevlar.

My take on them is that they're best suited for daily wear when leather is simply too impractical but I definitely feel a lot safer in my leathers.
yes, I have research Resurgence brand jeans is a good material you can also check EndoGear it has also a good Kevlar lined jeans at the lowest prices.and its abrasion-resistance time it's almost 9 second but it's Kevlar layer is more thick.

·
Registered
753 Posts
I think some makes are better than others and would be OK in a minor off, but I'd sooner trust leather for greater protection. I used to be ATGATT but since trying Hood Jeans I've changed my opinion and find these so much more comfortable to wear with a leather jacket, for short , local rides, but never for serious riding. I have the hip and knee protectors fitted though,
EU Certification - Hood Motorcycle Jeans

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
I think some makes are better than others and would be OK in a minor off, but I'd sooner trust leather for greater protection. I used to be ATGATT but since trying Hood Jeans I've changed my opinion and find these so much more comfortable to wear with a leather jacket, for short , local rides, but never for serious riding. I have the hip and knee protectors fitted though,
EU Certification - Hood Motorcycle Jeans
that's good always wear motorcycle safety gear when you are riding a motorcycle.

·
Registered
1,290 Posts
Kevlar for me can provide more abrasive resistance, but it doesn't stay where it is supposed to like leather, as previously mentioned it slides up and around to speak, good fitting leather has a clear advantage in reducing broken bones as the semi rigidity dissipates shock (blunt force) like when you fall 10 feet from the air as your body is doing 50 mph that to me is the difference. I think the psychology of Kevlar is ok in a low off, is ill thought out, as when you are on the street........the environment is in many ways out of your control. so for me is kevlar better than leather NO

1 - 18 of 18 Posts