Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
MIdlife PIMP
3,459 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I went to the local cycle shop today to purchace some plugs and oil and a filter!.........he went to look for the ngk's and came back and said "I don't have the reg ngk's....thought I did,......but these are the same plug.even better than stock plugs!".........I want to know?......What do you guys use?.........Reg ngk's?.....or are Irridiums better?.........he said they were the same size, same heat range.......they were about 45 cents a peice higher!
I don't want to put these plugs in if they are not an upgrade from stock or there is gonna be some kind of easy fouling problem or something!!
what do you guys think I should do?................the guy said I could return them for stockers if I found out they were much different than what I am taking out or I just change my mind or something....so let me know!!please!!

·
Registered
1,508 Posts
Thought they run iridium standard. Got iridium plugs in mine with 36000 k on the clock. Think they were changed at 18000. Never misses a beat

·
Supercharged Mod
4,388 Posts
Iridium plugs are specified as standard. DON'T use non-iridium plugs (e.g. regular CR9E).

The standard specified plug is CR9EIA-9. You can substitute CR9EIX. The difference is that the specified plug has a 1mm extended tip and the substitute is a standard-length plug. I have CR9EIX in mine and didn't notice any difference whatsoever in how the bike runs.

·
Registered
2,528 Posts
Yup Iridium are standar...just switched mine out at about 8500 miles just for routine maintenance.

I would not use anything else other than stock but that's just me.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts