Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner
1 - 20 of 65 Posts

·
Registered
3,051 Posts
maybe thats just the way our society interprets HD riders...there supposed to be bad ass and what not....i live in NM...majority of all riders do not wear any gear....sport bike or HD....i consider them squids because whos to tell when its your day to go down....

·
formerly GHOST RIDER
2,134 Posts
I don't think HD riders are SQUIDS, that's the way their image is..For some strange reason, they think they will not lay it down doing 55mph.:dontknow:
And they say the sportbike rider guys dangerous.:rolleyes:

·
Starbucks Connoisseur
4,391 Posts
I don't think HD riders are SQUIDS, that's the way their image is..For some strange reason, they think they will not lay it down doing 55mph.:dontknow:
And they say the sportbike rider guys dangerous.:rolleyes:
HD can go 55mph?

Sweet

·
Registered
1,381 Posts
Considering 90% of them ride around in cut-off Tshirts, are they considered squids? Just wanted some clarification on this.
yes.... Poserass-squids, mostly going through midlife crisis and decides to buy a hardley, they ususally have small dick syndrome and this makes them feel big and bad :headshake:headshake

They also usually have the loudest most annoying straight pipes they can find so everyone has to hear ALL 45HP and they pin it in every gear

·
Registered
1,339 Posts
more of a personality trait..

I believe it's in the person.
A Squid just acts like a Squid,Jap or whatever make.
I don't look at them as squids because they're in shorts and no-helmets.
I look at their riding style,pins it constantly,has to always lead the pack,thinking they're invincible,so on and so on.Theres alot Jap riders out here that this aplies to,with helmets on.The kind we like to watch go past us and ride on!
It's all in the style of rider.
As for the no-helmets shorts and t-shirts,I just think it's gonna hurt when you go down.And we all go down eventually.

·
Registered
16 Posts
I think that squid term is used to lossely on forums by people who would never think about disrespecting someone in the real world in fear of geting there ass's beat next time you see someone you think is a squid call them one dont wait tell you get home on the computer to talk

·
Registered
1,339 Posts
so right Jo-nate....

I ride with both styles of riders.
Sportbikes and Cruisers.
We know each others riding styles and we ride our ride.
We have our Squidly momments,where you get to pin it every now and then.
But nothing where we endanger the well being of others around us.
The only real Squids we experience are the tag alongs for the days ride.Which we don't include in our next ride.
Usually we notice the true Squids going in the other direction than we are headed.

·
Registered
1,359 Posts
I believe it's in the person.
A Squid just acts like a Squid,Jap or whatever make.
I don't look at them as squids because they're in shorts and no-helmets.
I look at their riding style,pins it constantly,has to always lead the pack,thinking they're invincible,so on and so on.Theres alot Jap riders out here that this aplies to,with helmets on.The kind we like to watch go past us and ride on!
It's all in the style of rider.
As for the no-helmets shorts and t-shirts,I just think it's gonna hurt when you go down.And we all go down eventually.
:+1:

I think that squid term is used to lossely on forums by people who would never think about disrespecting someone in the real world in fear of geting there ass's beat next time you see someone you think is a squid call them one dont wait tell you get home on the computer to talk
Sound like you're a squid. Capt. America.

·
Registered
1,162 Posts
yes.... Poserass-squids, mostly going through midlife crisis and decides to buy a hardley, they ususally have small dick syndrome and this makes them feel big and bad :headshake:headshake

They also usually have the loudest most annoying straight pipes they can find so everyone has to hear ALL 45HP and they pin it in every gear
You just described a lot of guys who ride sportbikes and are probably on this site.:lol: Seriously, how many threads have you seen asking how to make their 10R faster? As if 90% of the guys here can use all of the stock power. And how many threads have you seen with some guy looking for the loudest pipe or how to gut theirs to make it louder? I see them often. Just something to think about. I ,however, have no idea or don't even care to speculate about the size of their dicks.

·
Guilty by association
8,752 Posts
i dont think HD guys (ride) motorcycles as much as they just cruise or mope around on them.
If you jump on a HD, pull the clutch, click one down, and slowly release while applying steady fuel, ,,,,,,,,,your done, thats it, no more skill required.

id like to think that most of us (sportbike guys) appreciate the actual art of riding a motorcycle or being able to manipulate the machine and technology to allow advancement to happen. I know there are many people who will never push their skill or bike, but at least there is an appreciation for something more than leather and a dated design that sells bike using nothing more than its name.

·
Registered
540 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 · (Edited)
I'll call people out, I don't give a shit. I posted it here because this is a forum and in a forum we post our opinions and questions...

·
Squid
6,015 Posts
They are squids forsure, I ride with all types of bikes as well and when I ride with the harleys they have one goal... To see how many bars they can hit and how drunk they can get and I make fun of em for it but it just makes them feel cooler as they make fun of me for not drinking on the bike.

1 - 20 of 65 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.