Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

161 - 180 of 199 Posts

·
Registered
383 Posts
Discussion Starter #161
Well here's a little tidbit ... Nothing else to do, so yesterday I did chain maintenance on my Gen 1 and discovered the nylon chain guide/guard (between chain and swing arm) was broken and pretty much gone. I guess the issue is I'm running a 520 chain and the guide is designed for the stock chain. I measured the inside of the 520 rollers, 6mm. The guide runner strip is 7mm. Not sure it's a big deal, but it did result in a failure.
Ordered the new part ($30) and I'm thinking maybe to trim/thin the guide strip so this doesn't happen again. Anyways, if you're running a 520 chain, you might want to check it out.

·
Supercharged Mod
4,392 Posts
Just over 105,000 km on it now, spent last week at Deals Gap with it.
I finally did something about the brakes over the winter. Front rotors were worn below minimum thickness. At 108,xxx km I didn't want to spend big coin on it, so I bought some Arashi brake rotors from ebay and locally I bought a set of early Honda CBR1000 calipers and brake pads. I've ridden it a little bit this spring and it's vastly better!

·
Registered
383 Posts
Discussion Starter #163
Brake caliper upgrade is a must, I went with Nissans from an older ZX6 . direct bolt on
I hope your Arashi's weren't too cheap from China

·
Registered
383 Posts
Discussion Starter #165
Nice Widow! Is that black oem paint? Or repainted gunmetal grey? Looks beautiful, but yeah, that pipe needs some help!

·
Registered
20 Posts
Thanks man its black but not oem lol. Chinese fairings of ebay painted the tank myself. ( honestly I heard alot of ppl say bad shit about the ebay fairing kits I had zero problems with mine besides a couple minor scratches lol) but yeah man that exhaust makes her look like a trail park queen ?

·
Registered
20 Posts

This is how I got her by the way lol. She was abused pretty bad. Literaly not one bolt was on properly and dont even get me started on the store cover they glued together lol

·
Registered
383 Posts
Discussion Starter #170
Sweet bike Evoke! I can see a few suspension upgrades under the hood, Nice front brakes as well! What else does she have done? Do you take it to the track?

·
Registered
975 Posts

Just landed a mint, unabused, non messed with 05

·
Registered
383 Posts
Discussion Starter #172
Congrats! Fun bike to isn’t it?! How much did you end up paying for it and how many kilometers?

161 - 180 of 199 Posts