Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

121 - 140 of 155 Posts

·
Registered
87 Posts
Wow! That has to take the cake as the trickest Gen 1 so far. Beautiful! All you need now are some BST carbon fiber rims! What have you done for added horsepower? Or is the motor stock? Great job!
It does have BSTs. The motor has JE 13.5 pistons, G1 kit intake cam, and kit spec head porting clean-up. It used to have a full Akra Ti system on it but I have removed it since it's basically irreplaceable at this point and not worth sacrificing to the track gods. I'm on the lookout for a similar, full system.

·
Registered
276 Posts
Discussion Starter #124
It does have BSTs. The motor has JE 13.5 pistons, G1 kit intake cam, and kit spec head porting clean-up. It used to have a full Akra Ti system on it but I have removed it since it's basically irreplaceable at this point and not worth sacrificing to the track gods. I'm on the lookout for a similar, full system.
I have BST's on mine too, what an incredible upgrade! Like adding 10-15 hp, made a huge difference in handling, braking and acceleration!

·
Registered
7 Posts
Just bought this super clean 04 with only 18k on it. Looks , runs , and rides like new
Very nice. I have a black 2004. Showing 35K kms, but has -1, +2, so no idea of true mileage. I bought it mostly for track days, and it's been a blast. Are you in the lower mainland?

·
back to car scene
4,297 Posts
I'm looking to replicate my old 05, is anyone parting out a track bike with a bunch of goodies on it?
Or better yet, a well sorted out track bike with clean title?

·
Registered
271 Posts

Haven't visited in a while myself, did a gen 2 gauge upgrade, Factory shift kit, and gen 3 swingarm a couple years ago. Currently have it apart for a valve adjustment (Web cams, VERY short "clearance ramps"). I'll post up a more recent pic once it's back together. This one's "pre" swingarm swap. About 22k miles, I'm the original owner. Poor thing has had so many cam/head combos tried......but she's mine, still makes me smile.

·
Registered
276 Posts
Discussion Starter #135
Awesome!
P.S. just cleaning my fork seals with the "Fork Doctor" did the trick. No more leaking

·
Registered
2018 ZX10R SE
633 Posts
Anybody have fork seal leakage?
My gen 1 did but it was from setting her down too hard a couple times when a car felt it a good idea to change lanes or pull out in front of me. Went with all ballz seals and never leaked again. The fork buddy or any other super thin and pliable piece with a smooth hook will usually fix small leaks by removing the crud built up in the seal but a ruptured seal needs to be replaced.

·
Registered
2018 ZX10R SE
633 Posts
All these pics make me seriously miss my gen 1. Was the rawest ride I ever had. My gen 5s are faster but don't feel like they are. It's just kinda obvious when you realize they keep the front down better, longer more stable and with the traction control and all that crap they just make the trip around that much faster. Still the raw and unbridled rage of the gen 1 is not gonna be something I think I will find on another bike any time soon

·
Registered
276 Posts
Discussion Starter #138
Well said Twisted .... every time I ride her she brings a smile to my face. Just man and machine - no rider aids, raw power and plenty fast. Still today a bad ass Superbike!

·
Registered
2018 ZX10R SE
633 Posts
Well said Twisted .... every time I ride her she brings a smile to my face. Just man and machine - no rider aids, raw power and plenty fast. Still today a bad ass Superbike!
Yeah, I really felt at one with that bike. Had dropped over 20k into her before I finally had to call it a day. My fault at the end, can't build a bike with all full on race parts and still use it as a daily driver and expect her to last. FML. You guys take care of those beautiful gen 1s, they truly don't make em like they used to

·
Registered
1,257 Posts
I own a 2005 Gen 1, I’ve been absent from the Forum for a long time. My bike is in mint condition, 16,000 miles, Akra CF Hex exhaust, BST CF wheels, rear sets and numerous other mods. Looks brand new and runs perfect, still take for occasional blasts, but primarily ride my other bike.

I am curious how many other Gen 1’s are still out there being ridden actively? Is this bike disappearing from the world? Too old and obsolete? Would love to hear how many Gen 1 owners are still out there and riding it.
Obsolete ? Are you on dope?

121 - 140 of 155 Posts