Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

101 - 120 of 155 Posts

·
Registered
4,818 Posts
I still have my first gen. It's good other gen 1's are alive and kicking :grin2:

·
Registered
29 Posts
I will be doing a rebuild per the factory service manual. After 40,000km the seals are cracked.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
276 Posts
Discussion Starter #106
My '05 has only 14,000 miles. Stored with the front tire of the ground on a front end stand. Fork oil leaking slightly.

Discovered the problem when I took her out for a spin, brakes were weak, found out fork oil had gotten on the brake pads (from the wind I guess). I bought a "Fork Dr." fork seal cleaning tool, followed the instructions, cleaned the rotors and replaced the pads. Haven't taken her out again yet, but seems to be dry.

Wondering if just age will cause leaky seals?

·
Registered
1 Posts
Mine us still going strong. Just got her back from 3days on circuit at Brno. Showed a few later models the way round!
Next on the shopping list are some Oz wheels.

Attachments

·
The Movie Goer!
6,853 Posts
Try washing your bike and keeping the forks clean to see if that helps. I did that with my gen2 an it went away or stopped.....:dontknow:

My '05 has only 14,000 miles. Stored with the front tire of the ground on a front end stand. Fork oil leaking slightly.

Discovered the problem when I took her out for a spin, brakes were weak, found out fork oil had gotten on the brake pads (from the wind I guess). I bought a "Fork Dr." fork seal cleaning tool, followed the instructions, cleaned the rotors and replaced the pads. Haven't taken her out again yet, but seems to be dry.

Wondering if just age will cause leaky seals?

·
The Movie Goer!
6,853 Posts
Nice bikes gentlemen! Keep the old skool zx10r's alive!

·
Supercharged Mod
4,391 Posts
I'm still riding my '04 that I've had since new. 97,500 km on it now. It's getting to the point where there's always something that needs fixing; last year it was engine, now it's brakes, and they're beyond being sorted out with new wear parts (already tried that). I haven't found anything that I like riding more ...

Just over 105,000 km on it now, spent last week at Deals Gap with it.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Yeah Don. I have replace my front fork seals but mine was due largely in part to too many narley wheelies....just can't help it on these things man.

101 - 120 of 155 Posts