Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

181 - 199 of 199 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Yes there are still few people up here in Canada riding these bikes. Although I personally have stopped riding it after one year...i bought it last year its my first bike for 3000 Canadian dollars at 91000Km and rode it for about 2500km until now. your bike has 16000 miles its a gem in your hand do NOT sell it for cheap. i also did one track day on it. i love this bike dry weight 375 lbs. i have a GPR exhaust no flapper valve amazing sound. extremely powerful bike if i'm holding the bars at full rpm the bike can slipp through me so much torque just by twisting the wrist i found myself doing 220+km/h. very stable at high speed turn at around 180km/h.

after riding this bike I DO NOT UNDERSTAND WHY SPORT BIKES ARE LEAGL ON THE ROAD. sorry for CAPS just expressing my feelings loud..lol

·
Registered
4 Posts
I own a 2005 Gen 1, I’ve been absent from the Forum for a long time. My bike is in mint condition, 16,000 miles, Akra CF Hex exhaust, BST CF wheels, rear sets and numerous other mods. Looks brand new and runs perfect, still take for occasional blasts, but primarily ride my other bike.

I am curious how many other Gen 1’s are still out there being ridden actively? Is this bike disappearing from the world? Too old and obsolete? Would love to hear how many Gen 1 owners are still out there and riding it.
Thank you Don
IMG_20200716_224517433.jpg

·
Registered
383 Posts
Discussion Starter #195
Evo
That’s a bad ass trick GEN 1! Complete with winglets too! And I thought I was the only one crazy enough to spend on carbon fiber wheels for a 15-year-old bike! It was worth every penny for sure I’m sure you will agree! I have the same Akra carbon muffler and the little Akra carbon heat shield too. I cut the muffler down to a 10 inch stubby. Nice job!

Is that a one piece tail section? I want one! Are they still available? Link?

·
Registered
124 Posts
yes, I love old bikes, they are fun to build. This one has some motor work (cut head, valve job, kit intake cam) too. I love seeing vids like this:

·
Registered
383 Posts
Discussion Starter #198
Amazing video! Saw it on my GSXS forum.,.. Your bike must haul ass! Have you tracked it, if so how did it hold up against the newer bikes?

What about your tail section? Do you think it’s still available?

·
Registered
124 Posts
Amazing video! Saw it on my GSXS forum.,.. Your bike must haul ass! Have you tracked it, if so how did it hold up against the newer bikes?

What about your tail section? Do you think it’s still available?
It hauls ass but definitely doesn't turn inside of any of them. It might with a serious rider upgrade though. I don't think the tail is a one-off job.

181 - 199 of 199 Posts