Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
141 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Might look like a stupid question but I don't really know much about ECU flashing.
If I go in Medium power mode, is it the same map as the Full power mode once flashed and tuned ? Do people usually overwrite all three power modes ?

My latest reflash & retune totally screwed up my bike, it's far from perfect right now and I'm wondering if putting it in Medium could fix the problem until I get a proper tune.

I'll test it by myself tonight, but since I'm at work I was wondering if anyone knew about that. Thanks guys !

·
Registered
450 Posts
Might look like a stupid question but I don't really know much about ECU flashing.
If I go in Medium power mode, is it the same map as the Full power mode once flashed and tuned ? Do people usually overwrite all three power modes ?

My latest reflash & retune totally screwed up my bike, it's far from perfect right now and I'm wondering if putting it in Medium could fix the problem until I get a proper tune.

I'll test it by myself tonight, but since I'm at work I was wondering if anyone knew about that. Thanks guys !
fuel and ignition map all are same on stock ECU , the power gets change from full to rain with ETV map

·
REPOST Enforcement Mod
14,970 Posts
The ignition maps are not gear specific. The fuel maps can be trimmed per gear and per cylinder. As chiffeee said, the base map is the same for fueling for all power modes, but different between individual cylinders. That is the difference from the G4 to G5.

The older model didn't have ride-by-wire so the power modes were controlled via fueling/ignition differences. With the ETV mapping now, all of that is controlled via the ETV alone. You can still save off different power maps for fueling differences though if you want.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts