Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
973 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just wondering if these will mess up my bike. It runs perfect and this member on here got a full Leo Vince system and is giving me his old mufflers with the A&R baffles in them already. Any feedback would be appreciated!!

·
Registered
973 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Can you elaborate bro?

·
Registered
973 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Dude, thats sounds good...questions remains will it fuck up my bike, or do they work good?

·
Chickenstrip Eater
4,075 Posts
Yes they're cut. Save the money and buy em. You get the exact same effect of a s.o. for 80 bucks and they sound great.
http://zx-10r.net/forum/showthread.php?t=40726

http://zx-10r.net/forum/showthread.php?t=40381&page=2&highlight=a+r+baffles

Basically ya cut 2" inches from the cans and baffles with any # of tools, drill new rivet holes and rebuild em just as the A R instructions show. If you get em I'll walk ya through it step by step if ya PM me, I'll give ya my # cuz I've typed the instructions way too many times.

·
Registered
973 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
cool....thanks, I didn't want to put them on if it would make the bike not run right. The A&R website sold me, just checking with everyone to get more opinions than a biased opinion from the company that sells them.

·
Registered
973 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Good, I'll put them on!!!

·
Chickenstrip Eater
4,075 Posts
Good choice, now do he Riffleman's 1/5 insert for 25 bucks, drop 1 tooth up front, and add 2 in the back.

·
Registered
973 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Ok, I will

Good choice, now do he Riffleman's 1/5 insert for 25 bucks, drop 1 tooth up front, and add 2 in the back.
I hear theres a certain kind of sprocket to buy to avoid vibration, what kind is that. I want to go 16T on the front, do I have to do the rear sprocket too, I just want first gear to be quicker, I don't race or anything. Let me know about that please. Also the 1/5 insert, is that the throttle conversion?:dontknow:

·
Registered
1,971 Posts
dude.... I think My motor is about to fly apart after putting these a&r baffles on!!! These baffles are letting so much gas out of my pipes that my buddies tell me that my bike is shooting flames!:dontknow: :badteeth:

·
Registered
1,971 Posts
:welcome: Dude im jk.. They work great and numerous people have posted good things about them. Try the search button sometime.

·
Registered
34,537 Posts
I hear theres a certain kind of sprocket to buy to avoid vibration, what kind is that. I want to go 16T on the front, do I have to do the rear sprocket too, I just want first gear to be quicker, I don't race or anything. Let me know about that please. Also the 1/5 insert, is that the throttle conversion?:dontknow:
The OEM 16t from a Z1000 has a rubber damper afixed to it just like the zx10 OEM 17t.

BD

1 - 15 of 15 Posts