Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
1,271 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I ordered a full system and I'm still waiting for it to arrive.
While looking on the Arata web site I noticed a possible problem in the photo.

The space between the back of the cans is narrower than the stock spacing. I have a Fender Eliminator on my bike now that hangs directly off the tail. Doen't look like this will work with the new Arata set up.

What are you folks doing to mount the plate then?
Oh, and I got the carbon cans. So excited..

And while were at it, what did you map look like when done?

·
Registered
2,128 Posts
Not sure what you will have to do with the 06. On my 04, I had to cut a ton out of the lower fairing because it was melting it. I cut a bunch out aand put a lot of heat tape to it. I love the pipe though. Sounds quite at idle but screams from about 6 on. It has a really good grunt to it. The carbon fiber looks really good, as does the Akra system.

·
Registered
1,271 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
You gotta be kidding me! I can't be the only '06/'07 with a full Arata.

·
Registered
2,128 Posts
You gotta be kidding me! I can't be the only '06/'07 with a full Arata.
Don't sweat it. Just means more people will be like "Damn, sweet pipe on the 10. Don't see those very often on 10s." Unique items rock.

·
Registered
1,271 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Think mine will a ton better than the example given on their webpage.

I'll have green lenses with carbon cans. Granted, them's big cans!
I also have a '07 green lower and tapeworks green rim strips and rads.
I guess the Piazzo's will have green adjusters too.

:zx_green: :banamet:

·
Retired post whore
8,463 Posts
Your system come in yet? Want to see some pics!

·
Registered
16 Posts
hi again i heard the arat factory has been closed in the states coz of quality issues is that right ????!!!! and all the suppliers are making closeouts on the arata

·
Registered
3,668 Posts
hi again i heard the arat factory has been closed in the states coz of quality issues is that right ????!!!! and all the suppliers are making closeouts on the arata
whoever told you that is feeding you a line of crap. quality issues? maybe quality issues for the other companies. arata is the best quality exhaust you can buy here in the states.

·
Registered
2,128 Posts
whoever told you that is feeding you a line of crap. quality issues? maybe quality issues for the other companies. arata is the best quality exhaust you can buy here in the states.
:+1: Arata is where its at man. Them along with Akra are my top two picks. I can honestly say my Arata is of the upmost quality and I was thoroughly impressed with it when I got it. There is night and day difference with these two companies (Arata and Akra) compared to everyone else in my opinion.

·
Registered
1,271 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I just called Eric Dorn at EDR since my bike is at his shop.

He said yes! Arata is closing for a week. Didn't say why though.
He also said my system looks so bad ass, but we're waiting on some new parts before it hits the dyno.
He said he may post the dyno run on YouTube since it's such a rare combo.

Electric shifter is gonna rock my wheelies!
Oh. He said, the pipes fit with the license plate the about a pinky clearance on each side. And that's just enough for viberation, yea..

·
Registered
1,271 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I'll post pics and graphs of run.
Will likely be back around Oct. 24th. My next day off.:eek:ccasion1

·
Registered
16 Posts
guys dont take it personally ,,,, i like arata tooooooo but i was shocked when they told me the arata factory clossed coz they had many complains of the new custoers saying there systems are leakinng and some other problems,,,,,,, i used to have arata on my k4 but never face this but when i want to get it for the 06 the guy in the shop told me that he can sell it to me but he advice me to go for other system, so i just wanna make sure of what he's saying and i think Gang Green just make it sure when he say they closed a wek ago ,,,,

im not trying to say fools her but want some help to buy the best system for my bike

·
Registered
1,271 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
ok, I just had to call Arata since the pipe just got put on the bike and I finally have some time.

Arata says, they are not experiencing any quality problems nor have they closed their door because of production problems.

Expansion is taking place that is all.
Well for what little that was worth I hope it helps.

·
Registered
16 Posts
thats better ,,,,, so guys do any one know about arata slipons ?????
i wanna know if there slipon for the zx10r is just the cans or it comes with the y pipe+ mid pipe and the cans ,,,, coz i saw akrapovic and its written slip on but when i look to the pics they are cans only !! so do any one know about the arata.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts