Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner
1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
513 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
That's the word on the street, heard it from a credible distributor.

Which is too bad.... I have their slip-on on my 08', very nice piece.

And apparently now limited :thefinger

·
^^No Bike Bum^^
2,138 Posts
guess ill be looking out for some goooood discounted/discont. items!!!!!

·
Gun Owning Republican
5,278 Posts
Their rearsets were overpriced.

·
Registered
2,168 Posts
Wow that is shocking but they were a small niche company to some degree,
their rearsets matched anything else out there or bettered them, ran them on my 636 even a 70mph lowside barely scratched them...

The Arata pipe is about one of the only decent looking pipes on the newer 10r,,,, thank god we still have 2 bro's still around.
Anyone want to take bets on what brand goes next?

·
Registered
4,897 Posts
Wow that is shocking but they were a small niche company to some degree,
their rearsets matched anything else out there or bettered them, ran them on my 636 even a 70mph lowside barely scratched them...

The Arata pipe is about one of the only decent looking pipes on the newer 10r,,,, thank god we still have 2 bro's still around.
Anyone want to take bets on what brand goes next?

Hotbodies racing should go next along with 2bros lol

·
Administrator
6,731 Posts
Arata is just Striker rebranded, I wonder if they're just killing off the Arata name? To be honest, after dealing with Arata USA I'm surprised they lasted this long.

I bought an Arata slipon from a member on here who shorted me out of the mounting hardware. After getting nowhere with Arata USA I went through our sponsors. The few that dealt with them had the same issues that I had, and despite their best efforts couldn't help.

I finally spoke with Audrey at Moto Liberty who deals direct with Japan and was able to get the parts for me. Aside from being a super nice person who is great to deal with, Audrey is also a YSR50 fan. :thumbsup:

·
Premium Member
4,394 Posts
Never dealt with them myself ... but crappy customer service is not the hot ticket for surviving through a recession ...

·
Registered
6,087 Posts
The distributor in Huntington Beach, was closing out his inventory...but still no deals....a brake lever cost me $130...

·
Registered
513 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
I was watching the Arata USA website pretty closely to try and catch a deal on the full system to replace the Arata slip-on I have now. It dropped $100 about a month ago, and then they were out of stock about a week later, nothing has changed since. I know someone else on the site was trying to get in touch with them to ask when the would have more stock and had no luck.

I wonder what the issue was? their product seemed to be very high quality and they had it on some race bikes:

Attachments

·
Registered
1,322 Posts
Arata is just Striker rebranded, I wonder if they're just killing off the Arata name? To be honest, after dealing with Arata USA I'm surprised they lasted this long.

I bought an Arata slipon from a member on here who shorted me out of the mounting hardware. After getting nowhere with Arata USA I went through our sponsors. The few that dealt with them had the same issues that I had, and despite their best efforts couldn't help.

I finally spoke with Audrey at Moto Liberty who deals direct with Japan and was able to get the parts for me. Aside from being a super nice person who is great to deal with, Audrey is also a YSR50 fan. :thumbsup:

Funny story about Audrey......if you have a retail store and underprice her....she will call.....Arai and get your account locked and put on probation....if you underprice her on tucker rocky stuff....she will have your account locked there also......and if you can't order/sell stuff for 30-90 days....guess what happens to the store.....yep it closes. I will never refer any one to Motoliberty.....EVER

·
Premium Member
4,394 Posts
Unless there is something in the contract with those distributors prohibiting such actions, they have no grounds to do such things. And if there IS something in the contract prohibiting such actions, then she is entirely within her rights to do that!

·
Registered
1,322 Posts
Unless there is something in the contract with those distributors prohibiting such actions, they have no grounds to do such things. And if there IS something in the contract prohibiting such actions, then she is entirely within her rights to do that!
The problem as it turns out is you can't sell an item for less than what the distributer sets the price at....you can charge more...but not less...

If you charge less....then the only way to get caught is for a compeditor to turn you in...

1 - 20 of 37 Posts