Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
164 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am trying to get the radiator back on but with these headers I can't get the bracket on. I have tried every way possible but it won't bolt on straight. Is this an Arata thing?

·
Registered
1,330 Posts
this has been discused in the past do a search...
there should be some info on here somewhere.

·
Registered
164 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks for the info. I will get in touch with the guy that sold me the system and then if no luck, Arata.

·
Registered
164 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Ok... I called Ollie at Arata and he said that this system did not include a radiator bracket. He then tells me that they're made beyond perfectly and don't need such a thing. I tell him it's my bad and that I probably have something on wrong. I tried again and there's just no way the oem radiator bracket will fit. Anyone out there with definitive info? Ie... Someone who has the full system? Any pics of your Arata system with the bracket on the bike?
thanks

·
Registered
2,128 Posts
I don't have pictures but I know mine came with another bracket that was longer to push the radiator out a tad bit further. It also came with an exhaust hanger bracket if you wanted to remove the rear passenger pegs.

·
Registered
227 Posts
what year? i have the full system on the 05, and it fit without any rad bracket. weird

·
Registered
2,128 Posts
Maybe I'm smokin something and it didn't come with one. I've got an 04 model too. I could have sworn it did though. Are you having trouble with the radiator touching the headers? If its just a little off center, loosen the bracket where it bolts onto the motor at and see if you can wiggle it around to get going. The metal is real flimsy and can kind of be reshaped if necessary. I just know I didn't have to do that. Mine went right together.

·
Registered
164 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Maybe I'm smokin something and it didn't come with one. I've got an 04 model too. I could have sworn it did though. Are you having trouble with the radiator touching the headers? If its just a little off center, loosen the bracket where it bolts onto the motor at and see if you can wiggle it around to get going. The metal is real flimsy and can kind of be reshaped if necessary. I just know I didn't have to do that. Mine went right together.
I was able to get it to fit but had to wiggle it just like you said. Now one thing that troubles me is that the bottom tab of the radiator just barely touches one of the headers. Should I be alarmed about this or is it ok?

·
Registered
2,128 Posts
If something is touching it will eventually where a whole through it due to vibration. That makes me think it did come with a new bracket because mine is not even close to touching.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts