Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
156 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
FWIW, I just installed my new to me Arata full system to replace my stock headders with an Akro. Ti slip on. I weighed eachg system on my postal scale and surprisingly the full Ti Arata was only 1 pound lighter than the stock headders, Ti Akro slip on (SS mid pipe), and the butterfly cables. I havent ridden the bike yet but the Arata does sound MUCH meaner than my previous set up.

·
Registered
477 Posts
So you're running the Akra muffler on the Arata headers? Is that right? btw, I've never wanted to nail a cartoon character before, but hey, I'm game to try it once. Haha Nice avatar.

btw, how much did the system you had weigh? Coz the whole Arata system , inc muffler is supposed to weigh 10lbs.

·
Registered
34,537 Posts
Birdman said:
So you're running the Akra muffler on the Arata headers? Is that right?
:headshake
He replaced the OEM head pipes & Akra slip and installed a full Arata system.

BD

·
Bloo Moderator
23,742 Posts
Birdman said:
So you're running the Akra muffler on the Arata headers? Is that right? btw, I've never wanted to nail a cartoon character before, but hey, I'm game to try it once. Haha Nice avatar.

btw, how much did the system you had weigh? Coz the whole Arata system , inc muffler is supposed to weigh 10lbs.

The Arata weighs only 3-4lbs lighter than the Stock system which by the way has a stock titanium header. afm223 already had a aftermarket muffler(which probably lost another 2lbs), so when he weighed the Arata from what he had already, he only came up with 1lb difference. Make sense :heyyou:

·
Registered
1,945 Posts
I didn't weigh it but I know my sato racing ti slip-on was substantially lighter then the stock can. I don't see anyone saving a whole lot of weight on the header pipes though since they are already ti.

·
Registered
34,537 Posts
I weighed my Akra slip vs the OEM can and the weight reduction was 3lbs so the Sato slip is probably the same.

BD

·
Registered
1,945 Posts
Big Daddy said:
I weighed my Akra slip vs the OEM can and the weight reduction was 3lbs so the Sato slip is probably the same.

BD
yep I'd say thats about what my brain scale was telling me too...I was kinda surprised really.
on a side note the stock exhaust on a busa weighs 33lbs. and a full ti system for that same bike weighs about 10. now thats some weight savings!! The heaviest exhaust I've ever dealt with had to have come off of a V-max. I'd guess the mufflers and the collector alone weigh 60 lbs.. when I pulled it off of my bike I had to tug real hard and when it finally did come off it chipped the concrete below as it fell to the ground :mrgreen:

·
Registered
156 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Birdman said:
I can't see the stock headers WITH a stainless lead pipe etc weighing anything near 10lbs then. I may be wrong
The Arata weighed 10 lbs. and the Stock headders with the Akro slip on weighed 11 lbs. FWIW the Arata can was noticably more heavy than the Akro. I didn't weigh them so I can't tell you by how much.

·
Registered
477 Posts
Sorry, I was on another planet yesterday. lol.

The Sato mufflers are very light, so I'd think they'd be a little lighter than the Akra, and yet, the Arata mufflers are pretty weighty, but they are probably the best packed mufflers in the biz, so............ But sorry again, I don't know what I was on yesterday, but it must have been good. haha

1 - 11 of 11 Posts