Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i need some opinions. in the market to get a new lid real soon. would you guys recommend a arai or agv helmet and why ? appreciate all feedback...:dontknow:

·
Registered
2,528 Posts
I have an AGV Ti-Tech. No complaints about it at all. It's fairly quiet, very comfortable and good quality. The AGV doesn't have really any "ear" cutouts as some other helmets do so if you're looking to install a Chatterbox or such it may be a bit uncomfortable.

Haven't used an Arai but you don't hear many complaints about them.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
yeh i hear that for the price of a agv i might as well get a arai. but the agv-five continents is kinda sick...

·
Registered
494 Posts
Everyone's head is different, I would really recommend what fits comfortably. My Arai kills me on long trips, I love using my cheap HJC for the most part, esp. when someone knocks the succer over. =)

·
Registered
2,105 Posts
Everyone's head is different, I would really recommend what fits comfortably. My Arai kills me on long trips, I love using my cheap HJC for the most part, esp. when someone knocks the succer over. =)
:+1: but replace his HJC with my scorpion.

·
Registered
1,359 Posts
Everyone's head is different, I would really recommend what fits comfortably.
:+1:

Helmets aren't like exhausts, one that's better than the other is most likely only better for that person. I'm a Shoei guy, because they fit me right. I had an AGV, but the sizing was weird (L too small, XL too big for me - I wear a L in just about every other brand). Shape is another concern, the Scorpions are great lids, but my head simply doesn't fit them (too narrow). Try some on, and go from there. Keep in mind that padding will pack out; though the nicer the helmet, the less it will pack out.

·
Registered
355 Posts
:+1:

Helmets aren't like exhausts, one that's better than the other is most likely only better for that person. I'm a Shoei guy, because they fit me right. I had an AGV, but the sizing was weird (L too small, XL too big for me - I wear a L in just about every other brand). Shape is another concern, the Scorpions are great lids, but my head simply doesn't fit them (too narrow). Try some on, and go from there. Keep in mind that padding will pack out; though the nicer the helmet, the less it will pack out.
Very good way of saying that! :thumbsup:

·
Registered
245 Posts
You will find Arai fans, SHoei Fans, AGV fans. Unfortunately the first criteria to be met when buying a new helmet is FIT, nothing else. Each of the manufacturers have different shapes that suit best different shapes of head. Me, for instance, cant Use AGV, they would simply not fit!! I found this interesting link I strongly suggest you browse reviews and manufacturers characteristics....

http://www.webbikeworld.com/motorcycle-helmets/motorcycle-helmets.htm

·
Registered
52 Posts
agv gp-tech, light as in very light!! quite, sick paint jobs(rossi style!!) quick release visor, coolmax material well vented

·
Registered
1,359 Posts
I've never owned either, but my roommate had an Arai RX-7 and an AGV GP-Tech. In my opinion, the quality of the AGV was fantastic. They definitely went above and beyond on the little details.

My next helmet will probably be an AGV

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
You know what mine is... ARAI all the way. Woulda sold you mine but I had promised it to my buddy.

How's the bike treating you?
do you still have any gear for sale (pit bull stand:rolleyes:) ? lol. The bike is awesome, turns a lot of heads. dont know if its just the way i ride but it drinks the hell out of some gas...

1 - 20 of 30 Posts