Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
222 Posts
isnt that the MSRP? if it's brand new (released in NA on 10/31)...I would think the bike would be sold for what the factory wants. aprilia is a VERY small factory and with the parts and development costs associated with this bike I think the 15k base/20k factory MSRP's are reasonable.

I've had the previous generation RSVR Factory before my 10 and it was a great bike. aprilia is known more for its chassis and handling, but the new V4motor is something special. whether or not the internet rumors of the motor issues are true, the bike will be supported so I wouldnt worry about it. it's not like the japanese factories havent had teething problems with new bikes. :dontknow: I would take this bike over a ducati any day of the week.

if you doubt this bike why dont you take a demo on biaggi's superbike at portimao. enjoy:

http://www.vimeo.com/7288491

·
Registered
2,897 Posts
i just dont know but if I had money it would be hard to choose either the RSV4 or the new BMW S1000R ??? I like both bikes, now if I won the lottery then of course id have both bikes LOL among alot of others in my garage.... LOL but I do love that RSV4 also awesome bike... id drop my 10 for one of them in a heartbeat also...

·
Registered
2,528 Posts
Yeah. The BMW is nice but I like everything about the Aprilia better. Not that there's anything wrong with the mighty 10R. :thumbsup:

·
Registered
1,359 Posts
i just dont know but if I had money it would be hard to choose either the RSV4 or the new BMW S1000R ??? I like both bikes, now if I won the lottery then of course id have both bikes LOL among alot of others in my garage.... LOL but I do love that RSV4 also awesome bike... id drop my 10 for one of them in a heartbeat also...
I'd wait to see respectable dyno charts for both. My suspicion is the bimmer will make substantially more power than the ape, and marginally more than a zx10. The ape will make a good amount of power, but it (and it's torque) will come on earlier than anything else in the field. I would rather have the base model ape myself, but if you really want the nastiest top-end, the bimmer would be your treat. Of course, I have no proof of this, but it's my suspicion based on what I've seen thus far.

·
Registered
410 Posts
They never had issues with the "factory" models.

The only ones that puked rods were the RSV4-Rs which was a lower spec of the Factory from what I can gather. Besides that, they were just pre-production bikes, it doesn't sound like any have shipped.

Say it with me again...PRE-PRO-DUC-TION.

when the full reviews come out and people start riding them around, THEN i'll pass judgment on if they are reliable or not.

·
Registered
222 Posts
I'd wait to see respectable dyno charts for both. My suspicion is the bimmer will make substantially more power than the ape, and marginally more than a zx10. The ape will make a good amount of power, but it (and it's torque) will come on earlier than anything else in the field. I would rather have the base model ape myself, but if you really want the nastiest top-end, the bimmer would be your treat. Of course, I have no proof of this, but it's my suspicion based on what I've seen thus far.
:+1: From what I've read the bmw sounds like it will be more like the original zx10. light crank, light everything, rev to the moon nasty top end power. definitely more extreme than the 04-05's, but along the same lines. not that there's anything wrong with that.... but my experience with aprilia was positive so i'm expecting the rsv4 to be a very good all-around motorcycle with tractable power throughout the range. plus that V4 soundtrack is unreal with the full akrapovic!

·
Registered
1,382 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
:rocketwho:bash:

·
Banned
307 Posts
i sat on jay lenos at the rock store . one little bike and i can never fit on it ..im 6'5 245 lbs but the bmw is my choise after sitting on both ...herd the rsv4 blew up at the race someplace

·
Registered
1,359 Posts
I agree - a few pre-production units had con-rod failures. I would suspect Aprilia's production numbers up to that point are/were low enough that someone else made the connecting rods, and the failure is limited to those units. Hell, even some of the big boys outsource simple parts like that.

Wouldn't stop me from buying one if I were in the market. However, I would take a close look at that warranty.

·
Guilty by association
8,751 Posts
those guys are riding the f-ing wheels off those bikes. on board shots are cool. i just dont think i would spend that kind of money on (that) bike.

·
La Flama Blanca
7,730 Posts
I love them, and am going to look at them next week.
And about the price of the Akra exhaust, for one look at it, and look at how complex it is. and that EBAY add was for retail price of the exhaust, ever look at the retail on a Evo 10R System?

·
Registered
1,359 Posts
http://www.motorcycle-usa.com/27/4942/Motorcycle-Article/2010-Aprilia-RSV4R-First-Ride.aspx

Quoted myelf because I found some rhetoric that supports my thoughts. MC-USA says the outright power of the Ape feels similar to the new R1. I'm guessing it's down on power to the other literbikes, similar in weight, but great delivery. Not the 200+hp v4 everyone dreamed of, but still a good bike.

·
Registered
677 Posts
http://www.motorcycle-usa.com/27/4942/Motorcycle-Article/2010-Aprilia-RSV4R-First-Ride.aspx

Quoted myelf because I found some rhetoric that supports my thoughts. MC-USA says the outright power of the Ape feels similar to the new R1. I'm guessing it's down on power to the other literbikes, similar in weight, but great delivery. Not the 200+hp v4 everyone dreamed of, but still a good bike.

I agree from what I can gather its about on par with 09 R1, AND doesn't have the kicking low end that I would have expected, 1198 blows it away in the low end.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts