Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
543 Posts
:eyecrazy:Wow, moto gp going from 800cc to 1000cc? AND bmw and aprilia is getting in on that? Now that's going to be intresting. Hopefully the new 10r can restore some pride or whatever it will take to get kawasaki back in the moto gp mix. Now that will be REALLY intresting.

·
Registered
770 Posts
so they went from 1000 to 800 and now back to 1000 correct? if thats so i wonder if its just for the desire to get more bikes involved or what..

·
Licensed Dist of HaterAde
11,423 Posts
They went from 500 two strokes to the 1,000's, then down to the 800's and now back to the 1,000's. they fifured out that the 800's were just as fast or faster in some cases as the 1K's because they could carry more corner speed but i am curious as to the true reason they keep flip flopping? when they first dropped to 800's i thought it was for "safety"? and there will be the lonely Zook on the grid this year!!

·
Registered
770 Posts
They went from 500 two strokes to the 1,000's, then down to the 800's and now back to the 1,000's. they fifured out that the 800's were just as fast or faster in some cases as the 1K's because they could carry more corner speed but i am curious as to the true reason they keep flip flopping? when they first dropped to 800's i thought it was for "safety"? and there will be the lonely Zook on the grid this year!!
would it be due to safety and now possibly due to development costs or to attract more companies to enter? im stoked to see how aprilia will do!

·
All show and all go 10r
5,921 Posts
as far as I know the 800cc class is a money pit compared to the 1000cc class or 990cc they had.

·
Registered
770 Posts
as far as I know the 800cc class is a money pit compared to the 1000cc class or 990cc they had.
thats kind of what i thought..which due to the economy and how money is these days could explain the change to 1000

Ya I wanna see them bring back the flamming RS Cube:idea:. :lol:
aha never heard about that..thats awesome!

·
Registered
860 Posts
would it be due to safety and now possibly due to development costs or to attract more companies to enter? im stoked to see how aprilia will do!
From what I've gathered they went down to 800cc to slow em down, now going back to 1000's to make it easier and cheaper to make power.

·
Registered
119 Posts
1000's are cheaper, and more fun to watch. the damn 800's are just racing like they're on rails cuz they've got no torque, and alot of corner speed, which is the reason why it's rare to see anyone overtaking (the tires they're using also has a little bit to do with this). SBK is much more exciting to watch these days, MotoGp knows this, so that's why they're going back to the 1000's to bring more bikes to the grid, and more exciting racing because now the bikes have actually got some torque.
Expect lap times to be a little slower though

·
Registered
543 Posts
1000's are cheaper, and more fun to watch. the damn 800's are just racing like they're on rails cuz they've got no torque, and alot of corner speed, which is the reason why it's rare to see anyone overtaking (the tires they're using also has a little bit to do with this). SBK is much more exciting to watch these days, MotoGp knows this, so that's why they're going back to the 1000's to bring more bikes to the grid, and more exciting racing because now the bikes have actually got some torque.
Expect lap times to be a little slower though
I have noticed over the past three years that SBK has been a little more entertaining.

·
Registered
770 Posts
From what I've gathered they went down to 800cc to slow em down, now going back to 1000's to make it easier and cheaper to make power.
from what i gathered from people aren't the 800's almost as quick as the 1000's were? or was it misleading information I heard..

i do agree with the 1000's being cheaper and it'll bring more bikes to the grid like others are saying too

·
Registered
119 Posts
the 800's have less torque obviously, but are so much quicker in regards to corner speed that the lap times are in favour of the 800s. i think the HP numbers are about identical between the two, but check out all the lap records in motogp and i dare you to find me one currently standing record from a 1000.

·
Guilty by association
8,751 Posts
:eyecrazy:Wow, moto gp going from 800cc to 1000cc? AND bmw and aprilia is getting in on that? Now that's going to be intresting. Hopefully the new 10r can restore some pride or whatever it will take to get kawasaki back in the moto gp mix. Now that will be REALLY intresting.
:+1: I think many of the riders in the current championship will do a lot better with the big motors back in the bikes

·
Registered
770 Posts
i personally dont follow motogp i only pay attention to sbk..but that makes sense about the corner speed..i figured that much but yeah i can understand torque being down too

·
Licensed Dist of HaterAde
11,423 Posts
:+1: I think many of the riders in the current championship will do a lot better with the big motors back in the bikes
I honestly wish they'd take most of the electronics and traction control of the bikes and just let it be down to the rider and machine...like it use to be. i still watch the hell out of wsbk and moto gp BUT i honestly liked the premiere class ALOT more when the riders controlled more of the bike then the engine management system did. I know that's back asswards and we get the trickle down effect to the street eventually BUT man i miss those days of Gary McCoy smoking the rear going into,thru,and exiting the corners!!!!!:helmet:

1 - 20 of 32 Posts