Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Postwhore with an 04
4,387 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Alright I'm finally getting ready to move out of the parents house and was wondering if there is a certain % of pay that should be considered for rent?

Thanks

·
Registered
609 Posts
I don't know about a percentage... I bugeted for rent when I moved out, but one thing I didn't realize was how much my grocery bill was going to go through the roof! I miss momma's home cookin... Not only delicious, but free too!

·
I really need to get out of the house
13,309 Posts
I don't know about a percentage... I bugeted for rent when I moved out, but one thing I didn't realize was how much my grocery bill was going to go through the roof! I miss momma's home cookin... Not only delicious, but free too!

nothing better then moms cooking:+1:

·
Postwhore with an 04
4,387 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Yeah I was just wondering if there was any type of base, thiking 1200-1400 cause I need a garage since I have two cars and the 10. That wouldn't allow for much savings though unless my GF had a decent job.

·
Registered
1,730 Posts
apparently you should make 3x your apartment rent monthly. so if your rent is 700 you should take home 2100 per month.

·
Postwhore with an 04
4,387 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
apparently you should make 3x your apartment rent monthly. so if your rent is 700 you should take home 2100 per month.
Thanks!! That means I'm pretty close so if the GF can chip in a lil we should be fine.

·
.net Most Followed Member
8,795 Posts
got one for rent if you wanna, plus i seen you enjoy your avatar, so there should be any problem :mrgreen:

·
Postwhore with an 04
4,387 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
got one for rent if you wanna, plus i seen you enjoy your avatar, so there should be any problem :mrgreen:
Hmm could I work from home everyday... Thanks but moving expeses would probably be murder

·
Gun Owning Republican
5,278 Posts
Before you move make sure you can afford it...I have a mortgage in the Bay Area, CA and monthly rent in Seattle, WA...It is painful. I wish I could live in my parents home in NJ...At least they cook in their house LOL!

·
Registered
2,049 Posts
dude...i think spending 1400 per month is a retarded for rent. you will have thrown away almost $17,000 in one year on rent. i would not spend more than $1,000 and get a roomate, not a live in girl! haha

·
Postwhore with an 04
4,387 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Before you move make sure you can afford it...I have a mortgage in the Bay Area, CA and monthly rent in Seattle, WA...It is painful. I wish I could live in my parents home in NJ...At least they cook in their house LOL!
Thanks! I'm not to worried about losing my job and I am realativly debt free, no student loans or anything. Have a few CC bills from mods but nothing big I really couldn;t take care of quickly. I'm fresh out of colege and salary @ 60k+benefits of the corporate world.

dude...i think spending 1400 per month is a retarded for rent. you will have thrown away almost $17,000 in one year on rent. i would not spend more than $1,000 and get a roomate, not a live in girl! haha
Fair enough, she actually asked me to move in with her and is willing to split the rent, GF of 4 years. Honestly if I didn't want a garage we would get a cheaper place too but if someone stole my 10 I'd be furious and I have a mustang thats mostly a toy I'd want a garage for too. We don't really want a roomate either :mrgreen:

I originally wanted to spend some more time at home and buy a lil house or something nothings official we just are looking while she is looking for a local job. Shes going to be a geoligist so she should be okay in the oney departmetnt too, prob is finding a local job.

·
Registered
1,118 Posts
Thanks! I'm not to worried about losing my job and I am realativly debt free, no student loans or anything. Have a few CC bills from mods but nothing big I really couldn;t take care of quickly. I'm fresh out of colege and salary @ 60k+benefits of the corporate world.

Fair enough, she actually asked me to move in with her and is willing to split the rent, GF of 4 years. Honestly if I didn't want a garage we would get a cheaper place too but if someone stole my 10 I'd be furious and I have a mustang thats mostly a toy I'd want a garage for too. We don't really want a roomate either :mrgreen:

I originally wanted to spend some more time at home and buy a lil house or something nothings official we just are looking while she is looking for a local job. Shes going to be a geoligist so she should be okay in the oney departmetnt too, prob is finding a local job.
She sould like a keeper!
I've had a live in GF for the past 2 years. She helps out with the bills and it works just great for me. But what works for me may not work for you. Just sit down and take into account what you can afford "IF" you had to pay the rent yourself.

·
Registered
609 Posts
You could always get a storage unit that is nearby for your Mustang, bike, and other man stuff. I have a friend that keeps his quads and bike in a storage unit for around 90 bucks a month. You can find them cheaper, but his is climate controlled with a locking gate an overnight security guard...

·
I really need to get out of the house
13,309 Posts
Yeah I was just wondering if there was any type of base, thiking 1200-1400 cause I need a garage since I have two cars and the 10. That wouldn't allow for much savings though unless my GF had a decent job.

If you are going to pay that much in rent...try to find something that you have the option of rent to own, at least that way if you like where you are, all the rent you paid wont go into some else pockets.

·
Registered
1,318 Posts
Not to be an ass, but make sure your girl is on the lease. My wife and I lived together for 2 years before we got married and she was the best roomate I ever had.

·
.net Most Followed Member
8,795 Posts
buy it ... then you will be paying rent to yourself :wink: and its the best time to buy stuff as its cheap cause of the crisis.

·
Registered
615 Posts
If you are going to pay that much in rent...try to find something that you have the option of rent to own, at least that way if you like where you are, all the rent you paid wont go into some else pockets.
:+1: Rent/lease to buy... a great way to get in on a house if you can find one...

1 - 20 of 23 Posts