Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Been looking for a single pipe for my 07, and looked into getting an HMF Engineering pipe. I have had good luck with them on 4 wheelers, but never heard anything from the street series. Didnt know if anyone has one or not. They make a standard length can and also a shorty which are both high mounted. They have a video on youtube, which sounds pretty good
https://hmfengineering.com/view_product.php?category_id=88&product_id=5699

Attachments

·
Registered
4,849 Posts
I would like to see the shorty version of the Exhaust! Look nice and they are making good ATV exhausts! Why not! Go get something else than AKRA that everybody got..:+1:

Sound better than my 2Bros! WOW!! DEEP ..Like it..

·
Registered
2,128 Posts
I've never seen one of those on a sportbike before. The bike sounded good in the dyno run. But most pipes sound pretty good anyhow. Just a personal opinion on first glance, the pipe looks really really big... almost too big for the bike. Just something to think about. Not trying to knock on HMF or anything because I don't have experience with them. Just first impression.

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I've never seen one of those on a sportbike before. The bike sounded good in the dyno run. But most pipes sound pretty good anyhow. Just a personal opinion on first glance, the pipe looks really really big... almost too big for the bike. Just something to think about. Not trying to knock on HMF or anything because I don't have experience with them. Just first impression.
there is a shorty version of that pipe, the one on it in the pic is a bit too big

·
Registered
2,128 Posts
Yeah a shorty might look better. It still seems like the outside diameter is huge though. Hard to tell with that angle. I checked their site and they didn't have squat for pictures. I'd try to find more pictures before I put down any money. Unfortuantely I don't know of anyone on here with one. I'll search around and see if I can find any.

·
Retired post whore
8,463 Posts
Maybe a little on the large side, but I think it sounded really good. The shortie might be the better buy.

·
Registered
3,360 Posts
I'm almost positive that Area P makes a single pipe for the 2nd gens...Two Bros does and I think there are a couple other manufacturers out there that do...ya just gotta look around...

If I find them while browsing I'll be sure to throw a link up in here...

·
Registered
2,128 Posts
Is there another pic of it anywhere? I'd like to see how it looks from the back.
I've tried finding pictures all over the net but have had no luck....

·
Registered
819 Posts
I made a bolt up for mine,,, it worked really nice picked up a touch over 7hp with some big tuning... its really loud though,,, but all I did with it was drag race, so noise wasnt a big deal

Some people like it,,, some people dont,, but I thought it cleaned up the under tail of the 10

I had a HMF one off on my 1000rr it was nice and mellow,, I am just not a fan of the big cans thats all

1 - 13 of 13 Posts