Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
T Double D
870 Posts
there hard to find i made my own on a flow bench that we use for heads off of our drag cars there working out real well i didnt think there was a market for any, your one of the first people that have said they would want some

·
Registered
393 Posts
there hard to find i made my own on a flow bench that we use for heads off of our drag cars there working out real well i didnt think there was a market for any, your one of the first people that have said they would want some
If there's a proven gain I'd be Interested as well.

·
Registered
3,019 Posts
i think the proven gain was in the mid range and it was less than 1 since ive been looking in them for my bike...lol

·
Speed Freak
12,730 Posts
I think the only hard thing with the 08+ zx10rs is that they have the secondary injectors needing to always be right on top. From what they seemed to look like they were pretty decently designed...

·
T Double D
870 Posts
i just flowed mine on my familys flow bench i have access too and made some out of aluminum made them the same way we flow heads and they work fine dont know if i did anything but they made the bike sound different

·
Registered
34 Posts
cus i got a blue and a black zx10 sittin in my garage right now lookin sick. I've got a power commander on the black one with a vance and hines pipe, and a two brothers pipe with a juice box on the blue one. I want 2 sets of velocity stacks so i can accomodate 2 bikes, and reallly see the differences in performance.

·
Registered
1,688 Posts
People change out 2 stacks all the time. Typically your outside stacks are not the same height as the inside 2.

By replacing the 2 inside (2&3, taller) stacks, with a set of outside (1&4, shorter) stacks there are topend Hp gains. Popular mod with Gixxers. It does work, but those ponies are not really gained. Just moved from mid. to top of the range.

·
Registered
1,688 Posts
Velocity stacks are a no brainer when they are replaceing the stock FLAT intake stacks.

The 3rd Gen stacks are not a FLAT top design. They have a high back design that would "appear" to be functional (at least at speed).

Here is a pic. of my 08 airbox.

I wouldn't drop any $ on aftermarket stacks. Just my :dollarbil I mean :2cents:

1 - 13 of 13 Posts