Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I installed my Micron on my 05' ZX10 a couple of days ago and already went through the heat cycle with her. There are no leaks. I'm not getting a warm and fuzzy. It just isn't the throaty sound I wanted. My buddy has one on his R6 and it roars. My R6 has a Yosh TRS and is killer too. I can hear the engine over the exhaust. It does get a little meaty in the higher rpm's and at idle, but cruisin around is quite quiet. I might add, it looks killer blk/grn. Does the butterfly valve have anything to do with it? Is this not the can I was looking for?

·
MIA Post Whore
8,727 Posts
Due to the exhaust valve anything under 6k rmp is going to sound close to stock. As for above 6k, give the baffle some time to "break in". They get louder after a few hundred miles.

·
Registered
3,063 Posts
ssg_hart said:
I installed my Micron on my 05' ZX10 a couple of days ago and already went through the heat cycle with her. There are no leaks. I'm not getting a warm and fuzzy. It just isn't the throaty sound I wanted. My buddy has one on his R6 and it roars. My R6 has a Yosh TRS and is killer too. I can hear the engine over the exhaust. It does get a little meaty in the higher rpm's and at idle, but cruisin around is quite quiet. I might add, it looks killer blk/grn. Does the butterfly valve have anything to do with it? Is this not the can I was looking for?
sarge, now don't be silly. Here's what you do. Take the allen head bolt from the rear of the can, remove some packing (there is a ton) try it out and put in or take out to how you prefer it to sound. Again i stress there is more packing in this can then i have ever seen before. I've done this, performance will be fine. Trust me the bitch will roar yet keep its sweet throaty growl. Disconnect the ex-valve also you'll notice a significant difference as well. Put mileage on it too. It wont take long to burn some of the packing up. Do any or all of the above and you'll be diggin' the sound. Let me know what you think.

·
Registered
2,386 Posts
it gets better as it gets broken in.

above 10K, I dont ride much below that anyway

my friends say my bike is the loudest in the group.

oy yea, I have a Micron since April and took out the valve

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
NATOR said:
sarge, now don't be silly. Here's what you do. Take the allen head bolt from the rear of the can, remove some packing (there is a ton) try it out and put in or take out to how you prefer it to sound. Again i stress there is more packing in this can then i have ever seen before. I've done this, performance will be fine. Trust me the bitch will roar yet keep its sweet throaty growl. Disconnect the ex-valve also you'll notice a significant difference as well. Put mileage on it too. It wont take long to burn some of the packing up. Do any or all of the above and you'll be diggin' the sound. Let me know what you think.
I think I'll start with putting more miles on her first, then remove some packing, and finally disconnect the valve in that order. I'll keep you updated and thanks for the advice bro! :notworthy

1 - 5 of 5 Posts