Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Guilty by association
8,751 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So i NEED to get rid of the stock mirrors on my 08 10r. i am interested in putting either the 09 zx6r mirrors or the 08-09 250R mirrors on instead. i know the 09 6r mirrors will work with some slight modification. Can anyone with a 250R do me a favor and measure the distance between the center of each mounting bolt and how long they are? Or has anyone done this or tied it yet?

·
Registered
411 Posts
I'll be out late tonight though so I might forget... but I'll try and check it out when i get home. (gotta find that measuring tape too... haha)

·
Dont mess wit White Ninja
5,932 Posts
Just put 2007 cbr1000rr mirrors and call it a day!! They line up perfect and look even better then the other mirrors your talking about cause there not so weird looking and misshaped!!!

·
Guilty by association
8,751 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Just put 2007 cbr1000rr mirrors and call it a day!! They line up perfect and look even better then the other mirrors your talking about cause there not so weird looking and misshaped!!!
but the front of the zx10r is angular and the cbr mirrors are too rounded looking, they are too dated. 09 6r mirrors are the best looking imo, but they are pricey right now

·
5,932 Posts
I don't know I love my cbr mirrors on there and every person that I have seen with a 3rd gen wants them LOL...Do your thing...

·
Registered
641 Posts
I really have grown to love the functionality of the '08 mirrors while lane splitting. Seeing as I can pull them in, in a couple seconds to get through a tight spot, then they pop back right where they were. It's either those, or running one bar end mirror of some sort.

·
Registered
1,938 Posts
Well if you didnt have to ride on Base, id just take them bitches off. So, obviously i am no help.

·
5,932 Posts
I took mine off and bought a bad ass bar end from cycle gear for about $80 bucks and it flew the fuck out and then I got a non moving violation for not having mirrors...Thats when I went with cbr mirrors and I like the look, so I'm not complaining

·
Registered
411 Posts
I really have grown to love the functionality of the '08 mirrors while lane splitting. Seeing as I can pull them in, in a couple seconds to get through a tight spot, then they pop back right where they were. It's either those, or running one bar end mirror of some sort.
I was a little put off on the mirrors at first, but after riding for a while I too REALLY came to like them, alot. The flip-trick is awesome... maybe it's my size or something, I dunno... but I seem to be able to get a much better view on my 08 10r than I can on pretty much any other bike I've ridden (not just my own)... The angle works great for me... No more squeezing to one side or "chicken-wingin" one elbow to see what's going on @ my 6... they work great!!!...

I'll be out late tonight though so I might forget... but I'll try and check it out when i get home. (gotta find that measuring tape too... haha)
But yeah, as for the measure... i'm sorry - please don't hate me! :badteeth: Couldn't find a measuring tape... I've punched a reminder in my phone to see if I can find some somewhere, over the weekend.

·
Registered
540 Posts
Why doesnt anyone like the 08 mirrors? I love them them. Like speedgsx98 said, when squeezing into a tight spot you just fold them in and then pop them back out and they're still in place. I kind of like having the front turn signal there as well, makes it visible and it's not popping out the side like previous years.

·
Guilty by association
8,751 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
i need some kind of mirrors due to me working on base. I can see where the stocks could be handy, but im sorry, they are the biggest downfall aesthetically speaking. I may go for the cbr mirrors (they are better than stock and cheaper than 09 zx6r mirrors). thanks for all the help so far!

·
Registered
411 Posts
So i NEED to get rid of the stock mirrors on my 08 10r. i am interested in putting either the 09 zx6r mirrors or the 08-09 250R mirrors on instead. i know the 09 6r mirrors will work with some slight modification. Can anyone with a 250R do me a favor and measure the distance between the center of each mounting bolt and how long they are? Or has anyone done this or tied it yet?
so i found some tape and went and had a look... but then when i double-checked the question, i thought it a little odd... perhaps i'm more of a hinderance than help on this matter... hah - sorry...

but the distance between the center of each mounting bolt??? you mean like... what i drew in this pic?? how would that be helpful?? it's pretty much right on 11.5inches

in order to pull the bolts out and measure them i gotta take the whole front fairing off... so i'll wait till you get back to me so I know exactly what your chasing (save me having to do it a few times)

Attachments

·
Registered
411 Posts
hah - i just realised what you meant... sorry i'm a moron... I wish i could help it -> haha...

the difference between the two mounting bolts (on the same mirror - haha) is 2.8 cm's... i was gonna write it in inches, cos ur american... but...

what do you guys use when you get smaller than an inch?! because the little measuring bits on the tape aren't even in a sane order... (eg. 10 mm's to 1cm)... but how many what makes an inch?? there's 8 of em, woteva it is...
1.1023622047255998 inches is what my converter gave me... hahaha

hope this helps

1 - 13 of 13 Posts