Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
2,528 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Have an Akra Hex on my 05 10R and wanted to try to find a map for it. I talked to Dynojet and also searched on here and instead of reviving an old post I figured I would start a new one since a lot of people will just read the first post and then reply to that. I hate to start a new thread since I know it's been discussed but in the old posts I read I didn't see it ever being resolved.

Anyway I know I probably don't need a specific map for it but I figured if anyone had the map for it and could email it to me or whatever that would be great and better than just going w/ the Tiforce or Arrow map Dynojet has available. Also if you have a custom shorty slip on or anything and a map for that that might work as well since my Akra Slip on is the EVO II can. I don't have plans of putting a full exhaust on yet and wanted to get a more specific map to make my bike run better in the mean time.

Any help would be much appreciated.

·
Registered
425 Posts
I have an akra slipon on my 04 and I also talked to dynojet and they said any of their slipon maps would work...they suggested arrow based on similarity to the akra...I tried the arrow one and it was ok, but I didnt' notice a performance imporvement...then I used the map-comparison feature of the PCIII software to compare that one with the two bros slipon map and found that the twobros was generally richer across the board. So I am now running the map for the twobros slipon and the performance is awesome...

The bike does back-fire and pop like crazy which tells me it might be a bit on the rich side (which is exactly what I wanted), but on the other hand, I just got 270+ km on a full tank, so it can't be way over-rich either....

hope this helps.

·
Registered
2,528 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I have a map for an 04 with a Akra slip-on and k&n filter if you want to try it. Let me know.
Yeah if you can email it to me that'd be great. PM sent. I wonder how much difference the k&n will make since I'm running a stock filter. Guess it can't be too much since all the Dynojet maps say w/ stock or aftermarket filter.

·
Registered
425 Posts
me too pls...pm sent...THANK YOUUUUU

·
Registered
425 Posts
BIG thank you to Alien10. Received the map. Class-act!

Will post a comparison between his map, two-bros map and arrow-map by this weekend. That should be helpful with all of us with 1st gen. and akra.

·
Registered
2,528 Posts
Discussion Starter #8

Will post a comparison between his map, two-bros map and arrow-map by this weekend. That should be helpful with all of us with 1st gen. and akra.
Yeah if you can do the comparo that would be awesome. I'm going to use a buddies laptop until I get one so I will also do a review and see how it works. Mine is a tad diff. since it's an Evo II which is a little shorter than the regular slip ons so I'd be interested in seeing how it runs.

I'm guessing it may be running to rich w/ the maps but I'll soon find out.

·
Retired post whore
8,463 Posts

Yeah if you can do the comparo that would be awesome. I'm going to use a buddies laptop until I get one so I will also do a review and see how it works. Mine is a tad diff. since it's an Evo II which is a little shorter than the regular slip ons so I'd be interested in seeing how it runs.

I'm guessing it may be running to rich w/ the maps but I'll soon find out.

No problem fellas - I'm happy that someone can use the map since I can't. :thumbsup:

·
Registered
742 Posts
Yeah if you can email it to me that'd be great. PM sent. I wonder how much difference the k&n will make since I'm running a stock filter. Guess it can't be too much since all the Dynojet maps say w/ stock or aftermarket filter.
Regarding to my experience, it´s kinda mandatory to install a K&N, or any other like that. If you have both filters in your hands, the stock one and the K&N, you will realize just by looking through them that the engine can in no way breath the same.
I´ve also found Dynojet maps to be pretty poor. After installing the lambda sensor I knew I would have to correct almost the whole map

·
Registered
2,528 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Yeah I'm sure the Dynojet maps aren't the best but they're probably better than running the stock map unless your slip on or whatever was designed to run w/ stock settings. (leo vince)

I can't wait to see how it runs. I hope to take it out for a short bit tomorrow night or Saturday in preparation for Sunday.

·
SPLAT!!!
2,340 Posts
if you got a TRE look in the map section and theres a map, zx10-gilley's, i use with my akra, effing whoops arse! Very aggressive and i still maintain easy 35 mpg. just my .02

·
Registered
425 Posts
Ok, I have compared the alien10 map with the twobros slipon map I am currently running and here is how it shakes down on paper:

The alien10 map is richer up to about 8000 rpm but from that point on, the twobros is richer.

So I have made a combined (frankenstein ????) map which uses the alien10map up to 8k rpm and the twobros values over 8k rpm. I am going to go download this onto the PCIII on the bike and see about the performance...should have an answer by tomorrow or sunday at the latest

stay tuned

·
Registered
2,528 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Ok, I have compared the alien10 map with the twobros slipon map I am currently running and here is how it shakes down on paper:

The alien10 map is richer up to about 8000 rpm but from that point on, the twobros is richer.

So I have made a combined (frankenstein ????) map which uses the alien10map up to 8k rpm and the twobros values over 8k rpm. I am going to go download this onto the PCIII on the bike and see about the performance...should have an answer by tomorrow or sunday at the latest

stay tuned

Way to go with the research. Keep us up to date so I can change mine accordingly.

·
Registered
425 Posts
Ok, I installed the new combination map (fuel map from alien10 below 8k rpm and twobros slipon above 8k rpm) and it seems to be working very well.

low and medium end response at all throttle openings are significantly smoother and feel a tiny tad stronger...but ALOT smoother and more drivable.

Hope this helps...If anyone needs I can email this map to them. Let me know.

·
Registered
2,528 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
I've been using the Arrow slip on map since I got the PC installed and went out for a couple hundred miles today. Seems smoother but might have gotten a little less gas mileage which leads me to think I'm running a bit rich (?) although I thought I'd be running more lean. So I am going to see how it does when I get it out again but I first have to replace my Diablo III since I got a flat somehow today.

·
Registered
425 Posts
I've been using the Arrow slip on map since I got the PC installed and went out for a couple hundred miles today. Seems smoother but might have gotten a little less gas mileage which leads me to think I'm running a bit rich (?) although I thought I'd be running more lean. So I am going to see how it does when I get it out again but I first have to replace my Diablo III since I got a flat somehow today.
I had that map at first too and this new map that I made is a huge improvement...let me know if you want to try it...I can email it tonight

·
Registered
2,528 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
PM sent.

I'll check it out. Waiting to borrow a buddies laptop or to buy one. Not sure what will happen first.

·
Registered
425 Posts
emails sent...let me know how it works out guys

·
Registered
467 Posts
emails sent...let me know how it works out guys
Thanks, I will try this map this weekend, if it dosen't rain. I did a map compare and it looks like you realy richened up the mix at small throttle openings at low revs. I will be interested to see if this makes any difference in exceleration from low RPM's.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts