Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
1,018 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
A friend of mine (kneedragger_13) wants to raise his rear by 5mm. We weren't sure of the spacer size and so I went onto the Kaw site and saw that there is an optional spacer kit shown. The optional spacers are in a horseshoe shape, so it looks like it would be much easier to install since you wouldn't have to take the bolt out of the frame. Has anyone used these? What holds them in? Also, does anyone know if these can be ordered yet and if so, what size the spacers are that come in the kit.

Here is the link of the parts that I'm looking at.
http://www.kawasaki.com/html/defaul...VIChooseVehicle.asp?intCatalogID=2&intParts=1

It says the regular washer is 16.5X26X6 in size. Would I be correct in assuming that is 16.5 inside diameter, 26 outside and 6mm in height? The spacer kit number is 92026-0057 and I'm looking at the picture trying to figure out what holds the spacer in place?

·
Registered
1,190 Posts
I use the spacer kit on my 636 (basically same parts minus one 10r-specific piece, cost is 1/2 of 10r kit). Next to completely reworking your suspension, it's the best thing you can do for the bike's stability & drive.

·
Registered
338 Posts
Hey all....I am the one looking to see if I need this kit. How much is it? Is it worth the money or I can just have a guy make me a 5mm round washer and have it the next day. Looks like it would be easier switching out the ones from the kit :dontknow: Also will those U shaped washers fall out at all?

·
Registered
1,018 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
kneedragger_13 said:
Hey all....I am the one looking to see if I need this kit. How much is it? Is it worth the money or I can just have a guy make me a 5mm round washer and have it the next day. Looks like it would be easier switching out the ones from the kit :dontknow: Also will those U shaped washers fall out at all?
This still isn't going to make you any faster!:mrgreen: :heyyou:

·
Registered
1,018 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
zx10Duran said:
I just used a couple washers...total cost $2.11

Would I be correct in assuming that is 16.5 inside diameter, 26 outside and 6mm in height was the factory size?

·
Registered
338 Posts
brian0128 said:
This still isn't going to make you any faster!:mrgreen: :heyyou:
No....but it will make me quicker :beer: Besides, I have to stay back so you have a taillight to follow :lol:

·
REPOST Enforcement Mod
14,760 Posts
The spacer kit is like $174 for some fancy bent peices of aluminum. You can find a nut at the local hardware store to do this same thing for $3 or less. It will be able to be tuned much finer using a nut, and it'll be more secure.

·
Registered
338 Posts
Wow!!! now that is expensive.... Well, after hearing that price and chatting with niklasinorr, I am just going to have a spacer made.

·
Registered
1,018 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Well......I haven't heard any updates. The last I heard, you had the stock 190/55 tire, raised 5mm in the rear with the spacer you had made and you were trying to lower the front end 5mm but ended up at 8mm because it dropped when you were adjusting it. Sounds like an extreme change in geometry...give us an update.

·
Registered
338 Posts
Ok...The reason I was waiting to reply was that I really only have ridden it once since the change. It does seem to turn in a lot better. When I go ride it this weekend I will be able to give more feedback. So far so good though, I just hope the weather turns better, been raining a lot here.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts