Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
530 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have seen them on eBay (Danos performance) for quite a bit less and was curious if anyone had tried one. This is for an 07. :heyyou:

·
Registered
353 Posts
A buddy of mine tried to use TRE off ebay for his 05 gsxr 1000, would not work. Ivans TRE has a chip( at least for the suzuki) with ebay TRE bike would not even run.I trust Ivan and would only use his TRE.

·
Registered
530 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
That year needs the "Smart" chip for the GSXr, we don't for the ZX's.

Does Ivan's TRE come with a warrantee? I know the other one does and it is half the price (around what it should be for such a simple item imo).

·
Registered
2,524 Posts
That year needs the "Smart" chip for the GSXr, we don't for the ZX's.

Does Ivan's TRE come with a warrantee? I know the other one does and it is half the price (around what it should be for such a simple item imo).
How much for the tre? And have you looked into the GIPRO w/atre it works great on the 06/07 and easy to install.

·
Registered
530 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I think I will let this thread die, I tried to delete it but couldn't see how. Ivan's are sponsors here and I don't want to step on any toes. Jonathon, the other TRE is $32.

I really wanted the GI Pro but after reading up on it extensivelyyyy people just seemed to have too varied an experience with them. I really wanted a gear indicator but was not convinced the TRE part of it was what I wanted reliability wise etc.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts