Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
18 zx10r
610 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The stock throttle requires too much pull to get to WOT. Looking into a quick turn kit but don't really feel like replacing the lines and all that. I've used the R1 R6 tube in the past and it was better but I like the idea of the first part of the thorttle being tame and then ramping up like the graves tube.

Any experiences with it?

Progressive Throttle Tube ZX10 ZX6 R1 R6 R3 FZ09 FZ10 XSR900 MT-10 Graves Motorsports

·
Registered
2012 (Gen4) ZX-10R
1,004 Posts
That looks very aggressive? Is it more designed for drag racing maybe? I honestly have no clue. I fit an r6 throttle tube to mine, it’s slightly more aggressive, but not massive.

·
Registered
18 zx10r
610 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
That looks very aggressive? Is it more designed for drag racing maybe? I honestly have no clue. I fit an r6 throttle tube to mine, it’s slightly more aggressive, but not massive.
It is supposed to give more control on the lower end and then aggressively go WOT. I'm thinking my technique needs more work but I was used to the R6 throttle on my zx6r.

·
Registered
2012 (Gen4) ZX-10R
1,004 Posts
I don’t know how the throttle difference is between the zx-10r with r6 throttle tube vs. The R6 with one. It’s like a ratio of cam sizes between the throttle bodies and the throttle grip.

it might be the same, I have no idea. But the R6 throttle tube is very slightly larger diameter.

·
Registered
18 zx10r
610 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Just got it in the mail today and installed it. I used a dremmel to remove the throttle housing stops. I'll go on a test ride tomorrow.

·
Registered
18 zx10r
610 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I love the throttle response. It's not abrupt and it will go to WOT quickly. I also swapped the stock 17t front sprocket to a 16t and find the rev range much more useful. Can't to take it to Laguna Seca.

·
Registered
2012 (Gen4) ZX-10R
1,004 Posts
Sounds sweet! Looking at your marks for the throttle tube it looks really good! That’s the graves one?

Your bike is ride-by-wire? You need to get Woolich, then you can program any throttle profile you want, I think!

I went -1/+2 before Laguna Seca last year. It definitely helps! I have also booked Sonoma for 8/9, but I may need 1 or two more before then!

Are you going Laguna on 5/7?

·
Registered
18 zx10r
610 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Sounds sweet! Looking at your marks for the throttle tube it looks really good! That’s the graves one?

Your bike is ride-by-wire? You need to get Woolich, then you can program any throttle profile you want, I think!

I went -1/+2 before Laguna Seca last year. It definitely helps! I have also booked Sonoma for 8/9, but I may need 1 or two more before then!

Are you going Laguna on 5/7?
Yup. I haven't gotten around too adjusting the electronics beyond the restrictions. Need to work on my technique and then the fueling and maps.

·
Registered
52 Posts
You can mcgyver your own version with the r6 throttle tube...
Just immitate the shape by removing some plastic with a dremel I done this but cant find a pic I took one before installing it.
It does not look exactly like it but same idea/effect for way less money.
Its now on my gen 1 because I smashed the throttle housing on a crash on the gen 5 and bought a accossato throttle kit for the gen 5.
Have yet to test the bike with the accossato throttle but throttle feels real smooth nice resistance and returns superfast comes with 3 cams I feel the smallest one was not realy a big difference compared to stock so I will start of using the middle one wich is maybe pretty agressive wil find out later with the biggest cam its crazy feels like its only half the rotation compared to stock lol.

·
Registered
2012 (Gen4) ZX-10R
1,004 Posts
The Graves definitely looks better for getting to WOT even ignoring the profile!

·
Registered
86 Posts
Any reason this wouldn't work with Gen4? The website lists Gen 5 and up, so I thought there may be some differences with the fly by wire set-up.

·
Registered
18 zx10r
610 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Any reason this wouldn't work with Gen4? The website lists Gen 5 and up, so I thought there may be some differences with the fly by wire set-up.
Should be the same.

Gen 5 throttle housing

Gen 4 throttle housing

1 - 20 of 24 Posts