Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
3,311 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've heard of the 1-4 cylinder stacks on all 4 cylinders and also the factory pro ones...has anyone tried this yet?
I tried all 30mm stacks on a 636 and I did not like the results. I have friends iwth R1s that rave about the graves stacks so I'm intrigued.

http://www.factorypro.com/Prod_Pages/prodk95.html

·
Registered
1,395 Posts
Most all bikes do now, but a lot of guys like tuning with different length than stock to change the power curve. Some motors respond to it really well, others, not so much.

·
Registered
184 Posts
when it comes to ram air kawasaki knows there shit, you can dyno different stacks all day and get more horse power but thats on the dyno.. on the street and track it will not be the same due to air pressure of the ram air effect.

·
Registered
5,042 Posts
livnpaintball said:
when it comes to ram air kawasaki knows there shit, you can dyno different stacks all day and get more horse power but thats on the dyno.. on the street and track it will not be the same due to air pressure of the ram air effect.
:+1: Its well known that Kawasaki is king of the ram air system. Its all that technology transfering over from making jet engines I guess.

·
Registered
97 Posts
I put the Factory-pro stacks in my 636, and it most definately made more power, they replaced the factory "kit" stacks I had in before, which were an improvement over the stock parts. I based the more power on the fact I ran better lap times (2 seconds) than the month before. I should have a 10-R in a few weeks and I'll be trying the Factory-pro stacks ........ stay tuned.

·
Registered
3,311 Posts
Discussion Starter #8 (Edited)
Being king NEVER means that comprimises weren't made for EPA or usable power for the street. You can't ignore that possibility or we would have good exhaust come on the bikes stock.

Please let me know how it turns out for you. What mods did you have on the 636? Did you have a custom map, etc.

I'm not really in search of more power at the moment...but it is always nice. I'm in an internal struggle with myself...to get the wave rotors and not velocity stacks and a PC3. I know the reduced weight of the rotors are the best bet, but power is so addictive.

·
Registered
1,395 Posts
BNinja, how much lighter are the waves over the stock rotors?

·
Registered
3,311 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I have the rear wave and never measured it. I should have but I'm sure it was at least 9oz. I got it from chaparral for $105 when they had a sale with free shipping.
I'm going to contact a friend who has the braking margarita fronts on a 636 and see if he checked the weights. I know that sport rider claims to feel a difference, and I noticed a difference on my 10R using Ti rotor bolts and the rear wave.
I read somewhere that the physics of reciprocating mass is a rough estimate of a ratio of 1:2...so a 3 lbs loss (reciprocating mass) is like taking 6 lbs off in other weights (pipe, etc).
My basic plan for my 10R is to make a bike the way it should have came from the factory (no comprimises).
http://www.motorcycle-nerd.com/ZedX10R.html
for pics of the bike and wave rear rotor

1 - 10 of 10 Posts