Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
828 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone tried to put their clipons on the top after lowering their bike? :idea: I was looking at it and it will fit. I just don't have the tools to take off the top clamp here at home.Maybe I will try it tommorrow at work. Anybody got pictures? :idea: It will look a little more comfy and still be racy low looking.

·
Registered
828 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Here's an update!

I just got home awhile ago and while at work I made a connector bar for the clipons.Something to fill the ugly holes in them and something to tie them together in case something came loose and decided to rotate on me. I bent some small bar that we had and cut it to fit and then threaded it to fit a locking nut. Put it on and,Voilla! Now I have a connector bar! Here's the pics!

·
Registered
828 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Funny! I've never experienced a real tank slapper on this bike and I just increased the rake by lowering the rear more than the front so tank slappers are less likely to occur!

·
Registered
828 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Well the sock is something I got out of one of those 50 cent bubble gum machines and no the bolt isn't bent. I went for a ride tonight with some other guys and it is way more comfortable and I even passed a couple of guys on the outside of a curve with it cranked over. It actually is easier for me to ride it this way. I guess that it has to do with it being comfortable and everyone says you ride best when you are comfortable. It will still pull a wheelie at about 65 mph at wide open throttle in first and it still is fast as crap. One of my friends witha hayabusa would continually suck the paint off of the other bikes when they wanted to run so it was kinda fun to romp on it a little before old man winter gets a grip. They all said we passed them like they were sitting still. I was the only one who could keep up with the busa on high speed runs. I guess this bike is as fast as a busa till about 179 and then I think the aerodynamics will take effect. He was the only one who could even hang with me on a run and then it was just staying with me not passing or pulling away. It was all fun. I have to go.Shotgun Turkey season starts here tommorrow and I have to get up early to try and get one. Later

·
Registered
34,537 Posts
So it seems this change would work if one wanted the 'lowered' look for both front and rear yes?? otherwise raising the tubes roughly 1.5" to accomadate the clip-ons above the triple is not a good thing.

BD

·
Registered
828 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
If you only lowered the front to do this the bike would probably be able to turn around itself because the steering geometry would be so steep.I lowered the back 2 inches and the front 1 and a half inches. It rides surprisingly well to be this way.

·
Registered
4,682 Posts
swjohnsey said:
You probably need to get a steering damper . . . or some life insurance.
:+1: Im tiered of seeing everyone doing all these mods but nothing for safety. Let me ask you this how fat or how good does it handle flipping down the road? THINK!

·
Registered
4,682 Posts
Superbike1 said:
Well the sock is something I got out of one of those 50 cent bubble gum machines and no the bolt isn't bent. I went for a ride tonight with some other guys and it is way more comfortable and I even passed a couple of guys on the outside of a curve with it cranked over. It actually is easier for me to ride it this way. I guess that it has to do with it being comfortable and everyone says you ride best when you are comfortable. It will still pull a wheelie at about 65 mph at wide open throttle in first and it still is fast as crap. One of my friends witha hayabusa would continually suck the paint off of the other bikes when they wanted to run so it was kinda fun to romp on it a little before old man winter gets a grip. They all said we passed them like they were sitting still. I was the only one who could keep up with the busa on high speed runs. I guess this bike is as fast as a busa till about 179 and then I think the aerodynamics will take effect. He was the only one who could even hang with me on a run and then it was just staying with me not passing or pulling away. It was all fun. I have to go.Shotgun Turkey season starts here tommorrow and I have to get up early to try and get one. Later
I REST my case..........

1 - 20 of 23 Posts