Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm currently running a yoshimura trioval exhaust that apparently has been cut shorter by the previous owner. Now it sounds good and all but sometimes it seems to be too quiet. I was wondering if anyone tried this and how it sounds (sound clip would be great) on a gen 1. Also, i don't have a power commander, would I need 1 for this? Thanks

http://www.amazon.com/Radiant-Cycles-Exhaust-2004-2005-Kawasaki/dp/B00M22DV78

·
R.I.P. REPOST Enforcement Mod
'16 ZX-10R KRT
15,945 Posts
That's not an exhaust. That's a cheap exhaust tip. You'd get the same effect taking your Yoshimura off and just running an open header. Will sound stupid loud and won't provide any performance gains. You can probably go down to your local auto parts store and buy an exhaust tip cheaper than that.

What I'm getting at is - don't do it. You already have a quality performance system on your bike. Leave it the way it is.

·
Registered
1,524 Posts
Don't do it. The bike won't even perform the best with that shit on it.
The gen 1 we have has a pipe similar to that and it just sucks. Mid-range honestly doesn't even feel the same like it did with the Akra exhaust on it..

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Don't do it. The bike won't even perform the best with that shit on it.
The gen 1 we have has a pipe similar to that and it just sucks. Mid-range honestly doesn't even feel the same like it did with the Akra exhaust on it..
I was planning to try it out since it's pretty cheap. But thanks for the heads up. Lol Do you have a sound clip of yours? My yosh is pretty silent unless i get to around 8k rpm, and I don't usually get that high riding around the city, or even on longer drives. :(

·
Registered
2,653 Posts
Wow, you should almost be banned from here just for posting that garbge!

Autozone sells the same crap for like $5...
If you want to ruin your bike, fine, your choice...but you'll be just like every other 600 owner out there that chops their pipe off, and you'll probably Rev your bike every chance you can get just to show people how cool you are with your fartmobile because let's be honest, that's what it'll sound like...just keeping it real for ya

Now, if you want something cheap, look at Delkevic...or use the classifieds here...

·
Registered
2,739 Posts
for one, youtubes is your friend. for two, you can do it, but it'll actually lose performance. you should get a power commander and have it dyno tuned as is.

it's not the dumbest thing you could do but it's down there, but, different strokes for different folks, if you like it you like it, just know, your motorcycle won't.

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Wow, you should almost be banned from here just for posting that garbge!

Autozone sells the same crap for like $5...
If you want to ruin your bike, fine, your choice...but you'll be just like every other 600 owner out there that chops their pipe off, and you'll probably Rev your bike every chance you can get just to show people how cool you are with your fartmobile because let's be honest, that's what it'll sound like...just keeping it real for ya

Now, if you want something cheap, look at Delkevic...or use the classifieds here...
Aren't forums made for questions like these? That's why I asked before I bought it. I'm after a different sound and a cleaner look, but was unsure of how it performs and the actual sound that's why i posted the question here.

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·

·
Registered
2,653 Posts
Aren't forums made for questions like these? That's why I asked before I bought it. I'm after a different sound and a cleaner look, but was unsure of how it performs and the actual sound that's why i posted the question here.
Yes, that's exactly what these forums are for! I'm not gonna candy coat my answer and tell you that it'll sound great and look as sexy...isn't this what this forum is for, getting real and honest answers from a different perspective?

Bottom line is It'll sound like garbage and look like garbage and perform like garbage!
But it's your bike, if you like that go for it

And I also gave you advice...if you want different sound and look, but want something cheap,, go with delkevic...

·
formerly GHOST RIDER
2,134 Posts
Get it!!!>:)
I don't understand why anyone would put that on their bike to be honest. If you want a deep loud sound, take some packing out of your exhaust..:grin2:

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
for one, youtubes is your friend. for two, you can do it, but it'll actually lose performance. you should get a power commander and have it dyno tuned as is.

it's not the dumbest thing you could do but it's down there, but, different strokes for different folks, if you like it you like it, just know, your motorcycle won't.
Youtube doesn't have gen 1 vids with the pipe i posted... Which is why i am asking here...

·
Premium Member
9,188 Posts
Just a small observation but:

Loud does not =Power.

And in many instances uncorking an exhaust makes you lose power. In some you could actually damage an engine due to lack of back pressure. Companies spend millions of dollars in R&D to make finely tuned exhausts for specific applications. I seriously doubt a home made exhaust can do anything better than they can.

IMHO Untuned and loud=annoying.

·
Registered
2,739 Posts
Youtube doesn't have gen 1 vids with the pipe i posted... Which is why i am asking here...
2 seconds...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kE7Z-rSVgNU&ab_channel=realazzgene

anyway, slash cut/megaphone/gp style etc is all the same kinda...dammit brain work...whats the word, bah, they're the same kinda bullshit. not the word i was thinking of but it fits. they're exhaust tips or straight pipes, can usually be bought at NAPA/O'Reilly's etc that you could buy for cars or old trucks, but with with a screw through the end so you can attach it off your midpipe/cat.

either way, to clarify, that's not a pipe, it's an exhaust tip. literally, it is not an exhaust system/slip on/pipe whatever you want to call it. how it looks and sound is a personal subject, so, i won't critique that, you like what you like, and that's fine.

performance though, will suffer greatly with it, and it will perform worse than stock. with proper tuning via power commander and ignition module, you may be able to get it back to stock performance.

also it's not about "back pressure", it's about exhaust gas velocity and pulses being timed properly to escape at maximum velocity while being balanced for the average power band of the bike as the design should change for low rpm or high rpm powerband applications.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.