Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone tried one of Veiligmotorrijde.com's headlight kits? It is a switch which lights the high beam (at a reduced voltage) and low beam together. You then have both lights on at the same brightness on low beam. The switch allows the bright bulb to work normal on high. I hate the one eyed look on the stock low beam.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
173 Posts
I leave the high beams on at all times and they still look uneven, but it makes me more visible. I would rather have the idiots in cars be pissed off than say "I didn't see him".
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
233 Posts
You know, i ride w/ my highs on too, but get this. I read somewhere, can't recall right now, that a study was done on how drivers see bikes. It was determined that a side by side light set up caused drivers to think the bikes were further away. Supposingly that's why manufacturers mostly light only one side, or go to a stacked or very close side by side patern. Perhaps someone else has heard of this. I think the study was done in Canada.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
11,624 Posts
modiggs said:
You know, i ride w/ my highs on too, but get this. I read somewhere, can't recall right now, that a study was done on how drivers see bikes. It was determined that a side by side light set up caused drivers to think the bikes were further away. Supposingly that's why manufacturers mostly light only one side, or go to a stacked or very close side by side patern. Perhaps someone else has heard of this. I think the study was done in Canada.
Now there's a novel idea, drivers actually seeing a motorcycle. Imagine that.

Seriously, I would think it'd be the other way round. If you see one source of light, it could be two lights merged. But if you see two sources then they would almost have to be closer to get the differential.
 

·
Hillbillie Mod
Joined
·
20,155 Posts
gpz1100 said:
Now there's a novel idea, drivers actually seeing a motorcycle. Imagine that.

Seriously, I would think it'd be the other way round. If you see one source of light, it could be two lights merged. But if you see two sources then they would almost have to be closer to get the differential.
:idea:

Definatly came back negative! :1848:
 

·
Hillbillie Mod
Joined
·
20,155 Posts
gpz1100 said:
Moment of inertia quantifies the resistance of a physical object to angular acceleration. Moment of inertia is to rotational motion as mass is to linear motion.

:dontknow:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
11,624 Posts
hillcountry10r said:
Moment of inertia quantifies the resistance of a physical object to angular acceleration. Moment of inertia is to rotational motion as mass is to linear motion.

:dontknow:
It's also Frenchie for "me".
 

·
Hillbillie Mod
Joined
·
20,155 Posts
gpz1100 said:
It's also Frenchie for "me".
gotcha! :lol: :mrgreen:

I just thought you had a good point about the headlights...thats all...:1848: :badteeth:
 

·
Hillbillie Mod
Joined
·
20,155 Posts
:dontknow:

Stop :postwhore ing?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
11,624 Posts
hillcountry10r said:
:dontknow:

Stop :postwhore ing?

Never!! I think we're starting to :eek:t:

The human eye responds well to movement. Much better than to color or intensity. The best headlight on a motorcycle setup I've seen was one that flashed the headlight high/low/high/low. Really got my attention. Wouldn't really want it on my bike, but it did do the job of making me aware of it.
Don't know what it will take to solve the biker vs cager visibility problem. I've seen them look me in the eye and by their expression I could tell that I wasn't there. Of course, I've been in my one ton box van and had the same thing happen, so I think it's more a case of the quality of driver we let loose on the roads. Everybody seems to think that a driver's license is a right, not a privilege.
 
1 - 14 of 14 Posts
Top