Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
2,137 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I feel completely absurd for even trying it, but I signed up for match.com... all their damn commercials on tv just lured me in, and I figure since I don't go out much due to my job it could really help me meet someone. So anywho, has anybody tried it and had any success with it?

·
Postwhore with an 04
4,387 Posts
I know some older people that met people form it but nothing much really :dontknow:

·
Registered
2,137 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yeah, I'm kinda young to try it, but I figured it definitely couldn't hurt.

·
Registered
2,029 Posts
After i left school i realized that there are very few women i'd even consider seeing at work (let alone single and also willing) and when i go out its always with my moto or school friends and i'm not going to meet any women when im out with them!!

Yah there's the stigma of online dating being for losers but i bet you'll be surprised at how many normal chicks are on there. Just sign up, see whats there.. what do you have to lose?

·
Postwhore with an 04
4,387 Posts
Can't hurt :thumbsup:

·
Registered
2,137 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I signed up, seems like there might be some potential in it.

·
Ex Postwhore
4,688 Posts
Theres a free website that my friend just started using its something phish and its free.

·
Registered
99 Posts
i've had a couple friends sign up. from what i've gathered, the matches/dates are people that are pretty compatable, meaning they have similar interests. however, both friends said that some of the girls lied about their appearance, some where honest. hit or miss, i guess. but at least it's something. keep in mind that the other people on there are probably in the same boat as you and just as apprehensive about it as you are.

·
Guilty by association
8,751 Posts
ive heard of people that it has worked for. good luck, and its like you said it cant hurt, unless you meet an ax murderer on there:badteeth:

·
Registered
2,137 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I have enough firepower at home... if a bitch comes at me with an axe I'm coming at her with at least 10 rounds lmao.

·
Registered
159 Posts
i was on it a couple of years ago, met some nice people. If nothing else it put me in the right state of mind to date again. You know focus on the good stuff about you, and don't dwell on the old shit from the old relationship. Ended up meeting my wife, unrelated to match.com but like i said, I am sure it helped put in the right mind.

P.S. Date=YES! But NEVER EVER GET MARRIED!!!! :)

·
SPLAT!!!
2,340 Posts
my friend married his wife that he met on match this past sept. I tried it but wasnt really into the internet dating scene so it didnt work for me. Like said cant hurt and you got nothing to lose from it. Also the girls rate themself usually 1 level higher so athletic or toned aint so much that.....good luck

·
Postwhore with an 04
4,387 Posts

·
Registered
188 Posts
Any woman who needs a dating site to meet men is damaged goods.

I'd close your account and stick to the grocery store.

·
Registered
53 Posts
you might have better luck with adultfriendfinder.com. lol, but seriously a few of my customers (construction / painting contracters) have used it with success. as long as you're not some weird dude the program works well i guess. good luck!

·
Registered
10,362 Posts
i guess it don't hurt to try it. there is always wacko's out there. my friend met a wack job from a church group.

·
Registered
1,730 Posts
try okcupid.com or pof.com they are both free. okcupid is much better though.

oh and meeting people on the internet isn't what it was 10 years ago. lots of normal people meet people from the internet. i've met like 6 women since i moved to austin and they've all been normal, not always attractive, but i've never been in a particularly fucked up or awkward situation and i've been meeting women on the internet for 10 years.

1 - 20 of 30 Posts