1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
551 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Registered
2,261 Posts
That's really neat but then everybody would see that my bike is actually a 250 in 10r plastic.. lol.. But really I like it but it would make my bike look even more dirty than it does.

·
Still here
9,059 Posts
I had that idea back in 1991. (did nothing about it though.)
A friend had a gsxr that he had taken apart and polished EVERYTHING while his license was suspended. (He did it so he wouldn't ride it.)

It was so well done I said, "too bad there aren't clear fairings you could put on it."

The other thing is that if you have ever painted a lexan rc car body, then you know this would be easy to paint (from the inside) and the clear plastic acts like a thick clear coat.

·
Yankee Racer
14,838 Posts
I had that idea back in 1991. (did nothing about it though.)
A friend had a gsxr that he had taken apart and polished EVERYTHING while his license was suspended. (He did it so he wouldn't ride it.)

It was so well done I said, "too bad there aren't clear fairings you could put on it."

The other thing is that if you have ever painted a lexan rc car body, then you know this would be easy to paint (from the inside) and the clear plastic acts like a thick clear coat.
I like the painting the inside of it idea.

·
Registered
1,401 Posts
like the idea, but as all have said prob hard to keep clean.
and If I did it (since i am a neat frea) I would have to try and tuck ALL the wires and boxes out of sight so you could see just the engine

·
Registered
2,080 Posts
Did anyone notice that it wsa only for the Honda/Suzuki/Yamahas?
What does that tell you about the marketing engine?

·
Registered
551 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
I like the idea of having the clear and painting from the inside. Seems that no matter how crappy a job you would do while painting it w/ Krylon that it would still look all glossy

1 - 20 of 21 Posts