Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys i was thinking about putting Nitrous on my bike but i was not sure if it hurts your engine so it wont last as long. also can u run it if you dint have your bike stretched

·
Speed Freak
12,730 Posts
my bike is stock ride height and stock length and I run a 15-30 shot depends on what I'm doing......... yeah you can run it on stock motor its best to have a power commander so you can richen the bike up a bit...... you can get basically any dry nitrous kit available on the market though.... let me know if you have any more questions.

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
will it hurt your motor at all. ive been reading a little on it and basically you should only in like 6th going about 80 or so.

·
Speed Freak
12,730 Posts
if you use it in the wrong time or to much nitrous you can hurt the motor, you can spray it in what ever gear you want to as long as it doesnt wheelie on you, spraying a 30 shot in 3rd gear the front end will lift on me a lil but that makes it all the more fun, front tire lifting at 140mph when your fully tucked rocks.......

As long as your wide open throttle you can spray just dont be spraying and hitting the rev limiter.....

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
cool i am going to get it and put it on my bike sounds like a rush you know any sites were they are cheap and how to install them

·
Registered
128 Posts
im running a kit from dynotune, fairly cheap. just to warn ya, dont upgrade to the bigger bottle. the brackets are REALLY weak lol i broke both that came with the kit

·
Registered
1,561 Posts
im running a kit from dynotune, fairly cheap. just to warn ya, dont upgrade to the bigger bottle. the brackets are REALLY weak lol i broke both that came with the kit
Dyno tune is the cheapest your going to find. GOTi, i had the same problem with my bottle, it ended up being a 100 mph speed bump as I ran it over after the bracket broke. :spit:

·
Registered
128 Posts
yeah if you attempt to mount it on the swingarm, fab up some brackets yourself. or order a beefier one. i did from summit..about $40

·
Registered
128 Posts
intrigued....using what? where can i get this bracket?

1 - 18 of 18 Posts