Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
124 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Wandering if anyone has tried runnin there 08-09 without that hideous trumpet muffler on it. They still have the muffler underneath correct? Is it too loud without it? Notice a big loss in power by doing this? Im just not a fan of the big side exhaust at all. Thanks guys

·
Registered
994 Posts
If you mean just removing the can and leaving the pre exhaust chamber underneath, yes i am...very little power loss down low, and its not really loud at all....my 2bros was alot louder.

·
Registered
1,836 Posts
I did it for 10 miles just to try it out. I wasn't as loud as I thought it would be which I think is due to the boom box. I'm sure some slip-ons that get rid of the boom box would be louder.

·
Registered
1,140 Posts
I did about 4 trackdays back in 08 without it when I first got my bike and nobody had a full system available. I noticed a little extra punch top end wot. No different than those hideous slash cut things people waste there money on.

·
Gen3
824 Posts
I did for a couple weeks. Ended up putting it back on until i bought a slip on. I didn't like the way the bike ran. Loss of low end power, and every time i was decelerating to a stop the moment I pulled the clutch in if i didn't blurp the throttle to bring the rpm's up 1/2 the time the motor would die. My guess is it messed with the back pressure/af ratio/etc...

·
Registered
124 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Will this throw the FI light like it did on my 636 by taking the flies off.? Im leanin towards just buyin the Dan moto slip on. Any opinions on that?

·
Registered
5 Posts
I replaced the trumpet with a leo SBK and PC5 and found it much louder than stock and a more gradual acceleration curve. True, you will lose some at the low end but not enough to make me go back to the trumpet.

·
Registered
124 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Id like to find a slip on to run that gets rid of the big muffler underneath. That Danmoto would prob be WAY to loud if i ran it with a link pipe dont ya think? Did it help the way it ran rather than just straight out of the boombox?

·
Registered
145 Posts
Check this thread

Id like to find a slip on to run that gets rid of the big muffler underneath. That Danmoto would prob be WAY to loud if i ran it with a link pipe dont ya think? Did it help the way it ran rather than just straight out of the boombox?
http://www.zx-10r.net/forum/showthread.php?t=91882

Check out this thread. Couple guys got the Dan moto with the link and says it works pretty good. You figure 150 for the dan moto and anywhere from 125 - 175 for the link = 325 tops not to bad for my taste.

·
Registered
124 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Im thinkin bout trying to fit up a slip on off an 08 cbr on it. Wonder If the pipe diameters are pretty close and such. Hmm.. the wheels are turning. :idea:

1 - 12 of 12 Posts