Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
702 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looking to remove the kickstand for the track, but what do I do about the kickstand safety switch? Can anyone post pictures? Thanks!

·
MIA Post Whore
8,727 Posts
removed stock kickstand to install Sato Ti KS. Removed KS switch. Gained 15 HP!!!

·
Registered
1,167 Posts
I haven't removed the one on my 10 yet but I did on my old 9R when going to the track. When I took it off I just cut the wires for the sensor right above the CS sprocket area and put two plugs(male/female) on each end so I could just plug it back together for riding on the street, if I remember right(I didn't make it to the track last year,been a while) when I took it off, the plug that was still on the bike I had a jumper plug/wire that I stuck in to make the circuit complete, the way it works was there's two wires and when you put the kickstand down, it(the kickstand switch) breaks the circuit then when it up it completes the circuit letting it start; just plug one wire back into the other lead and it thinks the stand is up

Like i said i've not done it yet on this bike but it should be the same

·
Yankee Racer
14,838 Posts
I just did mine. I took all the kickstand assembly off and cut the wires and soldered them together. That way it makes it think the kickstand is always up whether it is on the bike or not. If you do this though you can only start the bike in nuetral or so I have been told. no biggie though.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts