Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
137 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Bought a set of used supposedly 05 ZX10R forks, all the dimensions seem stock apart from the tops, haven't been inside them to compare parts cos I wouldn't know what to look for. They even came with the gold 4 pad per caliper brakes attached.
Are ZX6R forks the same dimensions ? could they be off a 6 ?
All I know is that I haven't seen any like this ?
Anyone please.

Attachments

·
Registered
18 Posts
Looks as if someone just fitted blingbling gold anodized "protector" caps.
Looks as if there is a small lockbolt that has to be removed to get the caps off.

If you could show a picture of the brake caliper pistons it would be easy to see wheater these are ZX10-R forks or not (maybe 6-R / 636 forks!).

regards

·
Registered
2,970 Posts
Looks as if someone just fitted blingbling gold anodized "protector" caps.
Looks as if there is a small lockbolt that has to be removed to get the caps off.

If you could show a picture of the brake caliper pistons it would be easy to see wheater these are ZX10-R forks or not (maybe 6-R / 636 forks!).

regards
:+1:

Those look like zx10 fork caps, I do like that cap off idea though, I wonder where he got those and if they come in black, at least they could be anodized

·
Registered
137 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Rep sent, thx guys, don't know why I didn't figure it myself.
They are some type of "Bling" cover, can't see any practical use for them, Weird they look 'pro' made & match perfectly but I have never seen anything like these before for sale.
Cheers Ergo

Attachments

·
Registered
2,970 Posts
Rep sent, thx guys, don't know why I didn't figure it myself.
They are some type of "Bling" cover, can't see any practical use for them, Weird they look 'pro' made & match perfectly but I have never seen anything like these before for sale.
Cheers Ergo
First off thanks for the rep!!!

Now, have you ever torn into your forks before? Not sure about you but the nuts at the base of the fork cap is real easy to scuff and new fork caps cost a grip!!!!. The aluminum is very soft! If you do find where to find these(not that you'll be searching since you own them :lol:) let me know please!!!! I think they look great too!!!!

·
Registered
137 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
If enough people want these things I can try to get a batch made up by my biker friendly local machine shop; only issue/subject that I know nothing about is Anodizing.
Can a good anodizing company get as good a colour match ? If they can, I can't see too much issue.
Am hoping price shouldn't be bad, they aren't particularly complicated.
Regards Ergo.

·
Registered
4,818 Posts
If enough people want these things I can try to get a batch made up by my biker friendly local machine shop; only issue/subject that I know nothing about is Anodizing.
Can a good anodizing company get as good a colour match ? If they can, I can't see too much issue.
Am hoping price shouldn't be bad, they aren't particularly complicated.
Regards Ergo.
I would be down for a set if the price is good. Even without the anodizing. :thumbsup:

1 - 11 of 11 Posts