Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
1,290 Posts
OK yes, many people have fitted "KIT" cams onto there ZX10's specific to there Generations, there are many threads on this many mixed results and opinions. To answer your question directly Yes many people have installed KIT cams the results are generally in line with the KIT manual, and the cost depends on whether your buying from Kawasaki, or are buying second hand, or having cams re ground to that speck.

·
Registered
653 Posts
Cams are cheap. Al the other work to do it adds up. Worth a few HP at the extreme top end. In hindsight not really worth it.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Results?

Cost?

Thanks
I have an 04 and installed the 08 intake cam and had ecu flashed. I think I paid 480 for the cam and hav had problems ever since I lost alot of torque and gained very little on top end. Still trying to work out all the kinks

·
Registered
217 Posts
dunno about the older models but in the gen5 isnt the kit cam the same cam that comes in the RR limited edition model standard? maybe im remembering wrong but i thought the RR had a diff cam.

·
Registered
251 Posts
I have an 04 and installed the 08 intake cam and had ecu flashed. I think I paid 480 for the cam and hav had problems ever since I lost alot of torque and gained very little on top end. Still trying to work out all the kinks
cam timing off.swap where cams need degreeing.

·
The Pace
6,927 Posts
I can report that when the '13 10r blew a valve, dealer also replaced the cam chain; under warranty. Our bike has two weak features: valves and cam chains. At first dealer admin thought my drive chain was too loose; I asked him to replace the chain and test: same noise so corp replaced the cam chain. Bike had about 70k miles at the time, if I recall.

·
The Pace
6,927 Posts
anyone has tested gen4 with gen5 cams?
Please check with Kawa corp, but watching g5 comments, I suspect the SAME engine is used for both g4 and g5. Meaning, valves and cams are weak on both gens and extended warranty is a must on this bike. Better yet, have a back up bike. Full disclosure, Kawa does fully embrace its warranty. Thank God!

1 - 15 of 15 Posts