Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

Anyone know of a WET NOS kit

2K views 29 replies 10 participants last post by  PITBULL972 
#1 ·
I am looking for a 50 shot wet nos kit. I am getting headwork and cams in the near future and I want a nos kit to get some quick cheap power until then, just to check it out.

#2 ·
you really dont need to run a wet kit with todays bike unless your going for some other sorta extreme nitrous gains....

If you run a multifunction hub along with the power commander you can wire it to automatically switch to a much richer map for the nitrous, I have ran a 50 shot on my 10r before but backed it down to a 30 shot or so.

what year is your 10r???

#3 ·
you really dont need to run a wet kit with todays bike unless your going for some other sorta extreme nitrous gains....

If you run a multifunction hub along with the power commander you can wire it to automatically switch to a much richer map for the nitrous, I have ran a 50 shot on my 10r before but backed it down to a 30 shot or so.

what was the reason you backed it down? I am also looking for a nitrous setup. Everybody in Vegas wants to put a wet system on. I would prefer the dry just because of the price difference. The bike primarily is just for drag racing.

#4 ·
just because I used to only have a 1 lbs bottle and didnt want to run out so frequent, that and I liked to ride around stock ride height and a 50 shot puts the front end in the air VERY quick.

it will all depend on your set up how big of a shot you need or can handle

#5 ·
A wet shot can be nice but as Garth said not necessarily needed on todays bikes. He pretty much hit it on the head with hub too. As for as how much you're sprayin. Think about it for drag racing, the quicker you can use the power the bigger difference it will make on a pass. If youre spraying a 50 shot but can only get on it partway thru second on it wont make as big of a difference as spraying a 30 shot from the mid/top of first on.

#7 · (Edited)
okay just look at it this way, with a dry shot let's just say for kicks a 40 shot with a medium pill you may end up with 26 to 28 hp but with a wet 40 shot you are more likly to have around 36 to 37 hp maybe a little more or a little less but with a progressive box and a good set up its easier to get the power to the ground than to have one big shot all at once. keith Thompson the mirock champ is now running a wet set-up and Coby Adames AMA real st champ im not sure what kinda system he's using but the word on the street is that's what got them from the 8.0's to the high 7.90's, but for the street a dry shot works wonders, but this is just my .02 cent and if you need a sweet spray bar than GIXX1300R is your man if he's the guy i think he is

#9 ·
I am getting headwork and cams done sometime this year and I am looking at an easy way to sample the power. I was told a wet shot would be less damaging to my engine.

#14 ·
well what dry shot could i get and hook up to my bike for a small amount of power and not damaging a stock engine?

#16 ·
I am using full akra w/ PC V map direct from dynojet, any feelings about the fueling being right with that.

#18 ·
alright, also, anyone have a custom map for akra full exhaust 08-09 around here?

#24 ·
cool. I have heard doing a kit like yours the ketting is a lil more agressive than what say schintz racing has posted up. I just put together my own kit. I personally would have bought a spray bar from you myself but I'm just a DIY kinda guy. You do make some sweet kits though! I keep telling my buddy who has a busa to contact you when hes ready because he wants the juice. so keep an eye out for a S. FL order for a busa.

Thanks for the jetting info to. The speed shop I went to for some parts only had a 22 and a 30 in stock... debating on which one I'd like to use but thinking the 30 jet would be close to a 50 shot which I really only wanna run about a 35-40shot

Rep Sent :)

#25 ·
cool. I have heard doing a kit like yours the ketting is a lil more agressive than what say schintz racing has posted up. I just put together my own kit. I personally would have bought a spray bar from you myself but I'm just a DIY kinda guy. You do make some sweet kits though! I keep telling my buddy who has a busa to contact you when hes ready because he wants the juice. so keep an eye out for a S. FL order for a busa.

Thanks for the jetting info to. The speed shop I went to for some parts only had a 22 and a 30 in stock... debating on which one I'd like to use but thinking the 30 jet would be close to a 50 shot which I really only wanna run about a 35-40shot

Rep Sent :)
No problem. NX flare jets work better than NOS. Also bottle pressure will effect hp output.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.