Wills rim repair
In South Carolina
Google it.
Great guy to deal with.

Reactions: SkyDork

·
The Pace
7,164 Posts
Smiths won't work on a wheel unless that can repair it. I would call a Harley shop to see who they use.

·
Registered
29 Posts
If you mean los Angeles, I have a place in oc that is within driving distance. many of my friends and i have taken bent rims, forks, etc to doctor John's frame straightening. Give him a call if you're interested should be on yelp and can quote over the phone.

Sent from my SM-G935T using Tapatalk

·
Registered
855 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks
Hung
Yea Los Angeles.

Isn't La , Louisiana . Dunno but thanks for info.

·
REPOST Enforcement Mod
'16 ZX-10R KRT
15,733 Posts
Rims are heavy$.
They're actually not once you pull the tire and rotors off. You'd be surprised how light they are. Shipped my front rim to Will's Rim Repair in SC for about $20. He straightened the minor bend in it and shipped the rim back for $56.00 dollars total (including the return shipping). The entire straightening was $76 and change in there.

Reactions: scout

·
Registered
855 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I've been switching rims and tires for years I'm aware of what they weigh and they're not all that light. And shipping isn't all that cheap anymore either. From what
I'm seeing

·
Registered
855 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Rims are heavy$.
They're actually not once you pull the tire and rotors off. You'd be surprised how light they are. Shipped my front rim to Will's Rim Repair in SC for about $20. He straightened the minor bend in it and shipped the rim back for $56.00 dollars total (including the return shipping). The entire straightening was $76 and change in there.
From LA?

·
Registered
855 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Rims are heavy$.
Sounds better than 120-160

Attachments

·
REPOST Enforcement Mod
'16 ZX-10R KRT
15,733 Posts

Not sure about that. Guess it would depend on who you're using. Doubt it would be that much more. I sent mine back in March. Can't believe prices went up that much.

·
Registered
855 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
I'll contact Carolina guy tomorrow.
My rear rim priced for someone in Jersey
18lbs 9 0z.
53 bucks usps
60 usps priority.
20x20x9 box nothing but rim.

Front will be lil lighter obviously.

·
Registered
29 Posts
I think I am going to give him a try. I have a slight flat spot in my 13 front wheel. Everyone out here wants $100+ and they are still a few hour drive, so time and fuel.

LA is close to SC, if you are in Lower Alabama.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts