Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
153 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i am wanting to mod the seat so i sit lower, ive heard of guys doing this i just cant find any threads , are they shaving the plastic under the seat ? or the foam ? any help would be great , thanks

·
Bloo Moderator
23,742 Posts
i am wanting to mod the seat so i sit lower, ive heard of guys doing this i just cant find any threads , are they shaving the plastic under the seat ? or the foam ? any help would be great , thanks
for drag racing many just remove the foam for getting a little lower some shave the foam....believe some did it with a turkey electric knife...there are threads out there you will have to search harder.

bloo

·
Registered
2,823 Posts
I dont have a how to, or any good pics of it, but I shaved the foam down on my 1st gen. Made everything a lot better, felt like I was more in the bike than on it. I took the cover off, used a hacksaw blade and just hand trimmed the foam down. I took some sandpaper to smooth it out a little bit. I then covered the seat with some leather that I bought at a fabric store (think it was for boat seats). I really didnt like how the factory material was kind of grabby, and leather worked out great for me.

Probably not the best pic, but you can see how the seat slopes back from the tank a bit more into the middle instead of pushing you right into the tank.

·
Registered
153 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
i like it and guess im gonna try it

1 - 5 of 5 Posts