Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 20 of 42 Posts

·
Registered
141 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone in the Ft.Riley Kansas area i'm PCSing to the area from Ft.Rucker, AL just wondering how the riding is there.

·
Ninja Police!
3,147 Posts
I was stationed at Ft. Carson, CO for a couple years and i drove through Kansas and right by Ft. Riley about 100 times and i will tell you this, Kansas SUCKS! There is nothing there to see or look at, except a big ass billboard sign that says worlds largest Prairie Dog. Ft. Riley is very dull and looks very boring, from the passing by point of view. Just my thoughts and experiences.

·
Ninja Police!
3,147 Posts
hopefully
I feel ya, i am thinking about re enlisting in hopes of getting my 2nd deployment in before obama pulls us out. I have my Police Department Test tomorrow if i pass that, then ill hold off on the Army again, but if i fail then U.S. ARMY-Infantry here i come..AGAIN! lol

·
Damn I'm Getting Old
995 Posts
Anyone in the Ft.Riley Kansas area i'm PCSing to the area from Ft.Rucker, AL just wondering how the riding is there.
Mostly flat. There are several roads that aren't bad to run. A couple run south of Ft Riley. Some to the northeast. Hwy 4 from Alta Vista to Topeka is a pretty fun run.

At least Ft Riley and Manhattan are in one of the hilliest areas in the state.

Sorry to say it won't be anything like Alabama. Well, maybe southern Alabama near Montgomery!

·
Caedite Eos Novit Enim Do
2,461 Posts
well contrary to what killa kawi says about ks sucking your very lucky to be moving to ft. riley, this part of the state is nice and there are several roads that are fun. also manhattan ks is just a few miles to the east of ft. riley. there is a cool little bike shop called motorcycle supply here in manhattan aswell. please pm me when you get here, i'll show you what we have to offer. as far as other riders its about 50/50 (50% squids that rock the city streets and the other 50% of us actually get out on the back roads and ride.)

·
Ninja Police!
3,147 Posts
well contrary to what killa kawi says about ks sucking your very lucky to be moving to ft. riley, this part of the state is nice and there are several roads that are fun. also manhattan ks is just a few miles to the east of ft. riley. there is a cool little bike shop called motorcycle supply here in manhattan aswell. please pm me when you get here, i'll show you what we have to offer. as far as other riders its about 50/50 (50% squids that rock the city streets and the other 50% of us actually get out on the back roads and ride.)
I was being totally honest man.. i have never lived there but just driving through makes me want to kill myself, its THAT bad! But i figured there are some nice roads, if you like smelling cow shit all the time lol.

·
Caedite Eos Novit Enim Do
2,461 Posts
alright bro ill have to look u up when i get in town. is there alot of kawis there
o a few, mainly 6R's as far as kawi's go, it's gsx-r 600,1000 country here with yammy R6's a close 2nd

1 - 20 of 42 Posts