Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
629 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I may be moving that way in the next month or so, doubtful but I might. Hows the riding scene out there specifically in the springs, and out side of denver (seemed to be where the fun is). Good twisty roads? How well does it warm up?

Sent from my LG-P999 using Motorcycle.com App

·
Registered
138 Posts
Riding is incredible! great canyon roads, and during the summer you can expect 70-80 degree weather. Also there is very little humidity. One thing you will notice is the difference in power depending what altitude you come from. As far as a motorcycle state i wouldnt want to be anywhere else. Plenty of race tracks and a lot of great people. Generally just minutes from town to your favorite mtn. road.

check out

http://www.cosportbikeclub.org/index.php

not my bike or pic, but just an idea of some of the scenery you will get out here.

Attachments

·
Registered
69 Posts
Great place own a bike. Plenty of great roads and lots of 50+ temps in the winter time. Ive ridden several times on thanksgiving day.

Sent from my Motorcycle iPhone app

·
Registered
790 Posts
A couple of guys and I are heading up to Durango to ride in a couple of weeks. 2 from AZ and 2 or 3 from NM. I haven't ridden there yet but they say the trip is worth it.

·
Registered
73 Posts
I lived in Colorado for only about 8 weeks, but I have done quite a few mogul skiing tournaments out there. Go from Denver to a small town called Estes Park, that is an awesome ass ride man windy mountain roads the whole way up and down, and since Estes Park is a small town not to much traffic.

If you do move out there (and this is something you like) get yourself a dirt bike, a lot of mountains and trails to just be able to blast through and have some great times with some friends.

·
Registered
131 Posts
Sorry buddy, but hwy 34 to Estes is no more. The floods took out the houses, roads and small towns along the Big T.

On a side note, any one in Colorado give me a hand and loan me a stem stand so that I can lower the front of my bike? I live in greeley.

·
Registered
84 Posts
Hi guys!

I'm new to this forum (and to the ZX-10 as well). I live in DTC and will be doing some maintenance on my gen 2 (valve clearance and valve retainers check during the winter).

I hope I can meet some of you soon!

·
Registered
84 Posts
Sweet! I see a few rides happening soon then!

Slo, we work pretty much across the street from each other. I work at S Ulster and Union ave!

1 - 20 of 20 Posts