Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Speed Freak
12,730 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys well since I'm new in O-town around here I got to meet up with trey and a guy had a mobile dynojet 150.....Ive never had my bike on a dynojet before and was curious to see what kinda power it made and it wound up throwing down 160hp....

now for my mods it seemed kinda low and the guy said that he has seen 8-10hp loss with an extended swingarm???

anyone heard of that? I know on our factory pro it doesn't mater what you do from gear changes to swingarm length but just wondering.

P.S. Treys bike is pretty sick!!! lol

·
Rent this space
6,590 Posts
A lot depends on the motion ratio from axle centre line to shock travel, if you have a lot of squat in the bike then you are using power to keep the suspension compressed, bit like holding the brake on whilst you let out the clutch you stop forward motion but the bike sits down, let off the power and it rises again.

Reduce the squat and you get more tractive effort at the wheel.

·
Bloo Moderator
23,742 Posts
Dang Trey you will hang out with anyone...:lol: j/m Garth

·
Rent this space
6,590 Posts
Theres a good reason you see hardtail drag bikes, they let the tire do the work and not a shock.

·
Registered
1,538 Posts
Yes you will see some power loss....

There is more load on the motor with a swing arm like that....

I use to race prohill climb and my race bikes all had extended swing arms.... Yes they lost quite a bit of power from stock form... kinda strange how that works...

·
inappropriate
7,728 Posts
i havent heard of the trig effecting the output on a dyno. but with the extended swing arm your leverage is dif which effects how your power delivery is read. my .02. i thought you were talking about puttin down 190hp!? hows that 16/40 set up, you ever consider 16/41?

·
Speed Freak
12,730 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
well i dont plan on leaving it extended for long anyways! lol I'm gunna try and find a real good swingarm for sale one of these days and swap it out....

well the bike still hauls major ass lol espically geared -1 front +1 rear and all the extra power...... I'll have to do a roll on with trey and compare :-D

I believe his bike made 155 on the same dyno

·
Rent this space
6,590 Posts
Its not trig its geom or even kinematic, if you put a deadlink in place of the spring you will see a higher reading but still some losses depending on the angle of the swingarm and how stiff it is.

·
inappropriate
7,728 Posts
Its not trig its geom or even kinematic, if you put a deadlink in place of the spring you will see a higher reading but still some losses depending on the angle of the swingarm and how stiff it is.
thats a good idea

·
Speed Freak
12,730 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
on a good note my rev extend is defintly working great, the guy was liek i was gunna hold it longer but didnt know when the limiter would hit....I forget what im geared to now but i think mid 170's

·
Registered
1,483 Posts
There's a small cost to turning the extra links of chain, which weighs more. Not much though. Was it really hot? The SAE correction helps, but it's not perfect. Also could be a stingy DJ.

I just got back from a dyno session in Jax, and the cooler weather (78) showed an SAE 5hp gain compared to 2 weeks ago (98 deg).

Dean

1 - 11 of 11 Posts