Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello Everyone,

I am trying to get in contact with Kawboy10 as i purchased a gen1 tank off him back in november 2012 (should have been shipped mid December due to some shipping issues) but I am still waiting in the tank and I have emailed and PM'd him but he has not been online since the 13th of Dec.

If anybody knows any other contact details for him so I can follow up on this and see if I can get some tracking details, if you could PM me that would be awesome.

Just to be clear I am not saying kawboy10 is trying to rip me off at all just wanting to find out where my tank is.

Cheers guys for any help in advance

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hate to say but if it is mid January and you paid him in mid November, I think we all know where your tank, and money is.
Thankfully this is not the case, had a PM from him today and he is following up on the location of the tank for me.

He also offered to ship another one if this one cannot be located, pretty damn happy with that.

·
Registered
75 Posts
Well that is good. Sadly there's a lot of issues with online purchases, that generally that is the outcome when things go MIA. Good to hear!

·
back to car scene
4,297 Posts
ive never had a prob on this forum....but id imagine given your location....it would take a little longer

but none the less jdgun has a tank for sale lol
good luck man

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)
ive never had a prob on this forum....but id imagine given your location....it would take a little longer

but none the less jdgun has a tank for sale lol
good luck man
Thanks man, this is the first issue I have had, not sure if its a customs thing or they just flat out lost it.

I have had numerous other things shipped from members here and from ebay from the states and it has been fine.

Hopefully this 2nd one comes through fine and the first one turns up so I can ship it back.

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Well sadly its now over a month later and nothing has shown up.

Not getting any responses to my PM's to Kawboy10. Not sure if he is having some issue or not as I don't want to think im being ripped off as he seems to have been a good trader in the past.

Anybody had any contact from him in the last month?

·
back to car scene
4,297 Posts
Damn man wish the parts made it by now, your a lot more patient then me

File a paypal claim man, your well in your rights by now

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Damn man wish the parts made it by now, your a lot more patient then me

File a paypal claim man, your well in your rights by now
Yeh i think that's what im gonna end up doing, was hoping he would get it sorted as he seemed to have a good number of posts and trades.

·
Registered
906 Posts
Yeh i think that's what im gonna end up doing, was hoping he would get it sorted as he seemed to have a good number of posts and trades.
You can't file a paypal after 3months... Unless something changed recently the limit was 45 days after payment. :dontknow:

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
You can't file a paypal after 3months... Unless something changed recently the limit was 45 days after payment. :dontknow:
That does appear to be correct, It would seem that my trusting of of this member has gotten the better of me.

Really sucks but at least its not a fortune.

This member also had more trades completed than anybody else that I have traded with here. :dontknow:

·
back to car scene
4,297 Posts
Damn bro
That sucks

There's always a few bad apples, hasn't happened to me but I will continue to use this forum. But untill I get stiffed LOL
My comment doesn't hold any weight

·
Registered
2,006 Posts
he has always seemed to be a legit guy. i have sold him some stuff.

i sent him a message on p.b.

it is a long way to ship something so it could be out of his control. i would hope he would have put insurance on it.

allthough when i shipped my marchesini wheels overseas it was crazy insane to insure them so i had to send them without and pray they made it ok, which they did

hope it works out man. just my 2 cents on the matter

·
Registered
2,344 Posts
Not speaking for kawboy10 at all....but I shipped a gas tank overseas one time and it dissipated into thin air...about 6 months later I got a letter and beat up gas tank back in the mail, it was pulled cause I guess it set off some alarms cause it had the slightest hint of gas smell, guess they thought it was a bomb and tore the gas tank open to look inside, then played a game of soccer with it by the looks of it.

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Cheers Mate,

Yeh I still have a bit of a thought that its a shipping issue as he has quite a few posts and plenty of trades so seem odd that he would just throw that away.

As far as i'm aware there was no insurance but im not sure if that means that their are no tracking details? I know when i shipped my old RGV250 cylinders to the UK it was tracked and only cost me around $80 NZD so about $50US I would think.

he has always seemed to be a legit guy. i have sold him some stuff.

i sent him a message on p.b.

it is a long way to ship something so it could be out of his control. i would hope he would have put insurance on it.

allthough when i shipped my marchesini wheels overseas it was crazy insane to insure them so i had to send them without and pray they made it ok, which they did

hope it works out man. just my 2 cents on the matter

·
back to car scene
4,297 Posts
Not speaking for kawboy10 at all....but I shipped a gas tank overseas one time and it dissipated into thin air...about 6 months later I got a letter and beat up gas tank back in the mail, it was pulled cause I guess it set off some alarms cause it had the slightest hint of gas smell, guess they thought it was a bomb and tore the gas tank open to look inside, then played a game of soccer with it by the looks of it.

thats fin crazy lol

1 - 18 of 18 Posts