Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I recently installed a Jardine GP 1 Exhaust on my 08'
Love the Pipe, However it is Loud as Hell and I am a little concerned about being a cop magnet.
just wondering if people have been harassed a lot for being to loud?

·
Registered
1 Posts
I also just installed the GP-1. It is insanly loud and would also like to know what kind of attention its going to get.

Also... when I installed it I think it fouled out my spark plugs. I had the bike running one night right after I installed the exhaust and the next day when I went to ride it just backfired and now I just smell gas when i try to start it. It turns over but doesnt even think about firing. Is fouled plugs a possibility? or has anyone else had this experience? and does it have anything to do with taking the CAT off the bike along with the stock exhaust?

Thanks, Devin

·
Registered
253 Posts
Any time you remove a cat you will get alot more fuel smell for sure, regardless of how its running.

I don't know enough about these bikes to help with the no start though

·
Registered
164 Posts
we run a Boz Bro pipe on our 05 zx10r. we also run a race baffle, never had a problem in Tulsa with it being too loud.

we now live in Vegas, a few weeks ago, haven't been able to ride it yet...don't know what they'll think of how loud it gets...but it's as loud if not louder than a Jardine exhaust mentioned in this thread.

·
Registered
35 Posts
I am running a GP-1 on my 08, i have had no problems with the LEO's here in conservative PA, i get looks but i mostly calm down when i see them, i have not had any mechanical problem either, i will post a pic if i get a chance, right now the heat sheild is torn off and the brackets on the pipe are bent due to a run in with a racoon, i did however burn the clear coating off my stainless steel braided brake line from the heat and placement of the GP1

·
Registered
37 Posts
I Run A Tsukigi Cannon on my 14 and I think that's about as loud as loud gets. It's a little louder than an A-head, they say. Yeah, I know, it makes you feel a little funny at first. Put some of those foam ear plugs in. That will soften the sound for you. I do that and I still can hear my bike over the wind at 100mph. Cagers often clear a path for me when they hear the revs climbing. No trouble with cops in Milwaukee. There are lots of Harlies here just as loud. Watch out if they have a good reason to stop you though.

·
Registered
35 Posts
i have noticed that i no longer have any tailgaters when im only running at 5-10mph over the speed limit.

·
Registered
164 Posts

·
Registered
2,823 Posts
I have a friend with one, i wont ride within 50 feet of him even with my music blaring, all i can hear is that damn pipe.

·
Registered
1,161 Posts
To answer the OP original question, yes, it will attract unwanted attention. Not only from leo's but also from the general public. If you've gotta have a ludicrously loud pipe, try to use good judgement when passing others, especially cars which you may actually scare into you. Remember a cop WILL hear you from a ways off so if you know where they frequent, you'd best be slowing down before you reach them cause they WILL be looking. In general, the public dislikes sportbikes and many times for good reason. Learn to shift at lower rpms when in high traffic areas, learn how to pass other vehicles (really you don't NEED to gear down once or twice to pass that station wagon you know), and please don't sit at that red light constantly blipping the throttle just to get attention. I've been riding quite some time now and have learned that the less attention i call to myself the better off i am.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts