Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1,274 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well the guy that did my valve clearance check/adjustment also changed my oil and he popped on a fram oil filter... I've always used the OEM kawi filter, and i have a good mind to get rid of the fram before even running my bike> Do you guys use fram at all? Any feedback?

·
Speed Freak
12,730 Posts
I've used them before with no problems... I have been running them on my truck ever 3k miles for the past 65k with no problems... hell use them in 2 of my f350's and in a mercedes s500 with no problems??? lol

·
Registered
163 Posts
I've never had any problems with Fram filters. I like to use K&N because the bolt head on it makes it friendlier in tight spaces.

·
Registered
1,788 Posts
all the studies I have seen show that they are an inferior filter compared to just about anybody, but I have run them on plenty of vehicles and never had a problem. Hell, my dad got 250Kmi out of his old ford pickup that saw nothing but fram. The motor was still good when he parked it or as good as a 250K mile motor that had never has the valve covers off can be. The body was pretty sad though. I ussually go with the OEM or walmart super tech although I heard that they changed supplier and aren't as good as they used to be.

·
Registered
1,788 Posts
the biggest complaint with Fram is the flap used to hold back pressure on the system to prevent dry starts is paper and gets saturated then turns flimsy.

·
Registered
844 Posts
i've used them on my bikes as long as i can remember (1994 zx7)-no problem-carry on.

·
Registered
1,318 Posts
I've used Fram in all my cars for years. Not a single problem. My older Expedition has 200K miles without a problem and the CJ7 has turned the odometer several times probably. I like Fram with the gritty grip coating on the end, makes for easy removal.

I don't see why this should pose a problem for your bike.

·
Registered
44 Posts
I've always used fram (except on performance vehicles where I use race filters) and never had any problems, they performed well and were reasonable.

·
Registered
1,971 Posts
Ive read stories about their filters colapesing under pressure in the past. Im sure its very very rare but would you wanna risk it?

·
Registered
609 Posts
FRAM filters are the only brand to my knowledge that uses cardboard for the ends to hold the unit together. Everyone else uses metal. Obviously cardboard works fine most of the time.

·
Registered
464 Posts
I've never had any problems with Fram filters. I like to use K&N because the bolt head on it makes it friendlier in tight spaces.
Same here. All my oil changes are a breeze.

·
Registered
1,274 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
lol yeah, i'm probably gonna drain the oil into a container, swap out the filters for an OEM. I've never run anything but OEM, not gonna risk it, my bike runs 100% at the track. Thanks

1 - 12 of 12 Posts