Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I dont want to lean over so much with the clip-ons I was thinking about replacing it with a straight bar. How would I do this and can I see someone who did this? Trying to make it more standard! thanks for the help

·
Still here
9,059 Posts
Another option is to put 05 636 clip ons onto the 1st gen 10R.
That is what I did.
Lemme see if I can find a thread on it.

·
Registered
370 Posts
Try Convertibars.. you get the best of both worlds. More pricey but if I wanted a more comfortable long distance ride this is the way I'd go. then the option to go back to aggresive is only 60 seconds away. :mrgreen:

·
Registered
166 Posts
Giles Varo Bar risers with Giles clip ons. 55mm of rise. I just installed them on my 04. They are kinda of pricey, but worth the money.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Anyone have Convertibars-Touring Style?

Looking to have a more relaxed postion like a naked style, has anyone used the Convertibars? thanks

·
Registered
427 Posts
I like my helibars.....more of an upright seating position without looking like a 80's Superbike..lol. LOTS more enjoyable riding to these 47 year old bones now....

·
Registered
1,803 Posts
If you have an 04-05 zx10r then most/some of the work is already done for you. The Gen 1 top clamp has 2 small triangles that you can put a set of handlebar risers through. Just make sure you reinforce the back side with either large washers or do what I did and use some 1/4" aluminum and make your own custom washers that fit underneath the clamp..... Just on option and a hella lot less then the convertibars.
If you go the clipon route then just get cbr 929/954 or early model 1000rr clipons. They have a 2" over the stock zx10r clipons and are usually under $100 bucks for both on ebay or other forums.
And yes, wheelies are abit easier also.:eek:ccasion1

Attachments

·
Registered
1,976 Posts
Anyone have them one and can tell me how they feel? 04/05 bike!
Yeah. I've been doing this for a little over 35 years. So I know I'm going to do it, before buying the bike, and (there is quite a price range on how it gets done) add the price into the price of the bike.

But to the point, it transforms the bike. If you need additional rave reviews, beyond what the members here have to say (but you shouldn't) and you don't acknowlege the why of the sitting position of the SuperMoto racer, and the flat track racer and the Moto Cross racer and the Desert Racer and the Trials competitor, Then check out a feature article done by Sport Rider a year or so ago called...Ultimate Sport Bike- Build your own.

They did the street fighter conversion to their R1, and took it to a canyon to evaluate, on the real world twisties. They were flat Amazed in the increased performance and handling.

That's what this handle bar conversion is... Not just comfort...but sitting right to control your bike better, on the public street/road/highway.

The leaving the plastic on (instead of the full street fighter route) is the best thing. Having the bars, plus having the fairing split the wind before it hits you.

Just do it. :helmet:

·
Registered
1,803 Posts

·
Registered
1,803 Posts
Yeah. I've been doing this for a little over 35 years. So I know I'm going to do it, before buying the bike, and (there is quite a price range on how it gets done) add the price into the price of the bike.

But to the point, it transforms the bike. If you need additional rave reviews, beyond what the members here have to say (but you shouldn't) and you don't acknowlege the why of the sitting position of the SuperMoto racer, and the flat track racer and the Moto Cross racer and the Desert Racer and the Trials competitor, Then check out a feature article done by Sport Rider a year or so ago called...Ultimate Sport Bike- Build your own.

They did the street fighter conversion to their R1, and took it to a canyon to evaluate, on the real world twisties. They were flat Amazed in the increased performance and handling.

That's what this handle bar conversion is... Not just comfort...but sitting right to control your bike better, on the public street/road/highway.

The leaving the plastic on (instead of the full street fighter route) is the best thing. Having the bars, plus having the fairing split the wind before it hits you.

Just do it. :helmet:
:+1: Good points made!!! But screw that fairing bs and go Naked!!!

Attachments

·
Registered
524 Posts
I've got the Spiegler setup on my 08 and absolutely love the transformation. That's right, transformation. The handling and control are much better for street use. If I had a track only machine I'd have clip-ons but for the street there is no comparison for my 52yr old bones. The clip-ons were not even an option for me. Just couldn't ride more than 30miles at a clip. What is amazing is how much more there is to it than just comfort. Wheelies are MUCH easier. I think it looks great myself. JMHO. Hey, it's your bike, enjoy it. :thumbsup:

·
Registered
1,803 Posts
I've got the Spiegler setup on my 08 and absolutely love the transformation. That's right, transformation. The handling and control are much better for street use. If I had a track only machine I'd have clip-ons but for the street there is no comparison for my 52yr old bones. The clip-ons were not even an option for me. Just couldn't ride more than 30miles at a clip. What is amazing is how much more there is to it than just comfort. Wheelies are MUCH easier. I think it looks great myself. JMHO. Hey, it's your bike, enjoy it. :thumbsup:
Did you post up any pics of it on the forum?? or just scared to show it off??:badteeth:

1 - 20 of 24 Posts